_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Some interesting photos of damaged armor...
mrs_selrach
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 225 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 25, 2003 - 03:36 AM UTC
I stumbled upon these, real photo images of damaged armored vehicles.. thought I'd share for those of you who like to modify your armor model. You can find the images at the following url: http://webclipart.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http%3A%2F%2Fmembers.tripod.com%2F%7EKimchiman%2Fmain.html . Then browse the site for more interesting information, photos, all about armor and the military. Website created by a war veteran, some unique things to explore.

scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
entire network: 2,606 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 25, 2003 - 04:13 AM UTC
Mylady,
that's absolutely amazing. I've been a tanker for quite a few years but I only saw such a thing only in the cartoons!!!
Thanks for sharing
Ciao
turrettoad13
Visit this Community
Mississippi, United States
entire network: 607 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 25, 2003 - 04:53 AM UTC
Being a tanker , all i can say is OUCH ! it hurts my soul to see a perfect gun tube ruined like that #:-) . Some people just dont make good tankers , as 210 CAV says "Tanker boots do not a tanker make "
mrs_selrach
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 225 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 25, 2003 - 06:35 AM UTC
There were actually five pics, but for preservation for space and quality of pics, I picked the three that showed the most damage and were the best quality. I was surprised to have stumbled upon the pics, I was looking for graphics for the website I'm building so I have a place to put pics of my models (seeing as how I'm hooked on models now). It is a shame that negligence and irresponsibility caused the damage on those tanks.

There are some nice sound files there and a lot more interesting things I still haven't explored. A really good site. Highly recommend just for interest's sake.

BroAbrams
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 1,546 Posts
KitMaker Network: 494 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 29, 2003 - 02:14 AM UTC
Thanks Mrs von Diablo el whatever. These are pretty nice.

Rob
 _GOTOTOP