_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Small scale builder from Bulgaria
pgp000
Visit this Community
Grad Sofiya, Bulgaria
entire network: 58 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 23, 2011 - 10:35 AM UTC
Hello everyone,

Pleased to meet you. My name is Peter and I am interested in everything military. I started modelling with aircraft and still love putting winged stuff together. After meeting guys from the land forces on several forum meetings I got increasingly involved with armor and more recently - with support vehicles (trucks and heavy tractors). My cheating on aircraft probably has something to do with my new friends' "feet firmly on the ground" attitude.

My scale/historical period preferences are also continuously changing. I'd sometimes buy a kit "just because" I read an article about the subject or saw it in a movie, met someone who served on the real thing, or like the way the set has been designed and fits (whether after a review or going through the box myself) - regardless of scale, manufacturer or technology used. This is the reason I have more boxed kits (vast majority 1/72) than actual completions, but thanks to the current economical situation I now have some extra time on my hands and am trying to catch up.

I love learning and trying new methods, experimenting with materials and eventually - passing what I know to interested people.

Regards,
Peter, happy to be a part of the community :-)
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 23, 2011 - 12:30 PM UTC
Welcome to the site Peter. I'm sure you will find it very useful. There are a bunch of great guys and girls here, to help you. Sound like me on buying kits. I just get to write mine off to being bipolar. 1/72 is a good scale for mixing wingy things with wheely things. Too small for me, though. Hope you have a great time and look forward to seeing some of your builds.
 _GOTOTOP