_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
The story so far...
madsmty
Visit this Community
Mexico
entire network: 6 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 22, 2003 - 11:43 AM UTC
Hello Everyone

My name is Miguel and I live in Monterrey, Mexico

Since I have been a kid I have liked airplanes, tanks, sci-fi, and cars.

I have never really done any modelling, I am about to start, my only experience was about 12 years ago when my father gave me for my birthday an 1/48 F-117 from Testors, along with a FSM issue with the kit in the cover article. I built it and it was a decent job (at least I thought so) considering it was my first kit, although I did have a lot of trouble with the decals.

Later I went away 3 years for high school and when I came back I found my model in pieces, mainly abused by my baby cousin. Well, I wanted to go back again to the hobby because I had enjoyed it a lot, but I could not find the time. Recently going through some of my dad's stuff (he is a teacher at the local university) I found 6 (yes count them, 6) Badger airbrushes boxed and sealed. That is when I remembered I hated the paint job of my old F-117 because I used brushes and did not thinned the paint correctly, and wished I had an airbrush. When I asked my dad about them he told me that they were gifts from his students and that he even had a compressor. He told me I could have them if I wanted.

So I have my new airbrushes, my big heavy compressor, the internet and several model kits that I have bought, nothing special, because in Mexico you cannot find scale model shops that easily, but I figured it would be a good starting point. I could buy some kits on one of my shopping trips to the Texas border when my skills improve. Most of the kits easily available here are Airfix, Revell, and a chinese brand called LEE that I have not seen referenced on any website, so those are the brands of the kits I have bought.

I have read this site a lot before posting this, and think it is the best modelling site on the internet. I do have several questions that with time I will make and I'm sure I will find a lot of friendly people willing to share their knowledge. I am glad I found a really good place to talk with people that have similar interests as I do and learn as much as I can, as well as trying to share the little I know (not much right now)

My main interest is aircraft, although I do want to model any type of kit as long as it is interesting and appealing to me.

Thank you very much and please pardon my english... it is just my second language.

MadsMty

keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 22, 2003 - 11:47 AM UTC
Welcome to the best, friendliest, modeling site on the web. Fire away with your questions and I am sure you get all of the help you need.

Again,
Welcome!
Shaun
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 22, 2003 - 12:00 PM UTC
Madsmty

Man did you come to the right place to learn something bout modeling. You`ll find a true goldmine of information here and a great bunch of people who are always there to help you out with any question you have.
Post and ye shall receive is one of the motto`s here just as there is no such thing as a stupid question or the only stupid question is the one that isn`t asked.
And 6 airbrushes is kinda cool and a good start into serious models...... Now go build ask questions and show us Progress :-) :-) :-)

Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 22, 2003 - 12:09 PM UTC
Welcome to the very BEST modeling site on the web. As Faust says, "Post and you shall recieve." Friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful people abound here.
kkeefe
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 1,416 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 22, 2003 - 02:53 PM UTC
Welcome on board there MadsMty! You're going to have a great time here! :-)
animal
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,503 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,163 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 22, 2003 - 03:03 PM UTC
Welcome to Armorama Miguel. I hope that you will enjoy yourself here. Beware that this site is very addictive.
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 3,179 Posts
KitMaker Network: 307 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 22, 2003 - 03:37 PM UTC
Welcome to the site.
Ask away and we'll be than happy to help!!
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
entire network: 2,606 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 22, 2003 - 08:40 PM UTC
Welcome to the site madsmty, I'm sure you'll find lots of people willing to help and share what they know!!!
Ciao from Italy
HastyP
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 570 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 22, 2003 - 10:37 PM UTC
Welcome aboard!!

You have found the friendliest most knowledgable bunch of gluesniffers around. YOur questions will be answered and your skills will improve.

Regards
HastyP
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 02:16 AM UTC
Hola, amigo! and welcome to the group. Feel free to ask any question, and remember, the only dumb question is the one not asked.
madsmty
Visit this Community
Mexico
entire network: 6 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 11:47 AM UTC
Thank you all for your kind welcome... looking foward to learn from all you guys and to start sharing about modeling.

Cheers

Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 6,871 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 10:55 PM UTC
i also think that you have to get some books on basic techniques so that you have a refference any time you like.use the yahoo or other search engine and use keywords "military modelling" for example and you ll find several cool links and bookstores that sell you through the net .

welcome buddy
 _GOTOTOP