Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
some pics of a tiger? outside Gettysburg
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 01:36 PM UTC
Howdy all.

put this here cause I didn't know for sure if I should put it in the scratchbuilders forum.. lol

was driving back from Maryland today and decided to go through Gettysburg, Pa and just outside of town on Highway 15 northbound I saw out of the corner of my eye a Tiger Tank.. so I turned around to double check and got these photos..

I am unsure of the Mark, maybe a Tiger I 1998 ausf. V or maybe its the Tiger I 2010 ausf. Y.

It was sitting by a business called truck builders and If it hadn't been posted in large signs "No Trespressing", I might have gotten closer photos..

don't know the story, but I would imagine its someones 1/1 scale Tank Build.

also friends while I have your attention, I've spent the last couple of weeks working out a new design for my website, its been pretty much the same for the last 10 years, so I wanted to update the design to something that fit better into this decade. (had to learn a lot of funny stuff, css, stylesheets, javaish).

Anyways I have the main design done and half the photo galleries up and I'd really like some feedback on the new overall design and the photo gallery design and whether anyone has any trouble using them and so such.. here is the link..

thanks friends.

Delbert's Scale Models

Delbert

(reposted and deleted? i think the original because of a mis type in the topic)
melonhead
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 662 Posts
KitMaker Network: 120 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 01:39 PM UTC
looks like it may be a russian conversion to tiger. basically, this is the same tank they used for saving private ryan. i want one too
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 02:06 PM UTC
The only buttons that work are "Home" and "Model Gallery". The photos under "Model Gallery" are cut off by the right hand box. Nice find on the Tiger.
Delbert
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 04:12 PM UTC
yep the home and gallery buttons are the only ones that work because thats as far as I've gotten..

and I see the problem with the pics..

my floating right sidebar floats on top of the photo if you have a low screen res or if you have your browser set to a smaller size..

not sure how to fix this.. looking at it, I found a command in css that fixes it in opera, but causes the photo to jump to the bottom of the screen in Internet explorer..
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 10:08 PM UTC

Quoted Text

yep the home and gallery buttons are the only ones that work because thats as far as I've gotten..

and I see the problem with the pics..

my floating right sidebar floats on top of the photo if you have a low screen res or if you have your browser set to a smaller size..

not sure how to fix this.. looking at it, I found a command in css that fixes it in opera, but causes the photo to jump to the bottom of the screen in Internet explorer..

Why not just resize the bar? I did a little website work a few years back. Managed to get six linkable buttons and kept them in check by determining how much space they would take up. You may want to try html. If memory serves, that is what I used.
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 4,691 Posts
KitMaker Network: 668 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 11:35 PM UTC
That looks like theTigers they used in Private Ryan

Uh,sorry I missed Jesse's post
Delbert
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, July 08, 2011 - 04:56 AM UTC
well Matt you found the basic flaw in my new design.. so thanks for that i didn't even realize that lower screen res would cut the pic off.. one test I did not think about.

after a night of testing and figuring I decided the easiest way to keep my idea's on the gallery mostly intact was to remove the floating sidebars from the gallery pages.

the image can still be cut off if your screen res or browser is made small enough, but now you can scroll to see it... and the pics are not really that overly large.. my new default size on pics will be a max of 640 px wide..

and removing the floating sidebars from the gallery pages doesn't to me take away from the overall theme, and it also serves to lean up the navigation on the pages a bit..

Delbert

Delbert'sScale Model's ... new website
MajorPete
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 56 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 08, 2011 - 06:59 AM UTC
Its the wood t-34/tiger from the 9th SS's reenactment group.It has been broken for years now.
FIREBIRDC9
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 95 Posts
KitMaker Network: 12 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 20, 2011 - 11:58 AM UTC
just by reading the title i gained a mental picture of a tiger tank rampaging around the battle of gettysburg!

but from what i can tell that is probably a T 34 chassis
same as the ones used in kellys heroes
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 21, 2011 - 07:58 AM UTC
Your new site is looking good Delbert.