Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
LF Good books Vietnam-Modern
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 03, 2011 - 10:31 AM UTC
Since I have relegated myself to Vietnam-modern kits, I am looking for some good books on this time period. For the Cold War, I build Soviet vehicles. Vietnam, US vehicles. Modern, all vehicles. I have decided to start my library. I'm not looking for individual vehicle references, just something on these time periods in general. I'd appreciate any suggestions.
grayghost666
entire network: 2,458 Posts
KitMaker Network: 163 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 03, 2011 - 12:42 PM UTC
Hello Matt,
Try osprey's set books. You can get them as general overview of the vehicle or sometimes as a modeling book. I have a 100 in my collection of both type from ancient times to the wars in the going on now. Your local library might have some.
Hope this helps you out.
Cheers,
Bruce
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 03, 2011 - 10:08 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello Matt,
Try osprey's set books. You can get them as general overview of the vehicle or sometimes as a modeling book. I have a 100 in my collection of both type from ancient times to the wars in the going on now. Your local library might have some.
Hope this helps you out.
Cheers,
Bruce

There is a total of six books dealing with Vietnam-Cold War and two on modern warfare. Even the entire fiction section is only 1/2 of an aisle. The next closest library is about 25 miles away. In Jacksonville, that means about an hour of sitting in traffic. I'll look into the Osprey books.
35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
entire network: 3,212 Posts
KitMaker Network: 250 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 04, 2011 - 01:12 AM UTC
For modern vehicles I recomment the Concord Publications Armor at War Mini Series: http://www.concord-publications.com/pricelist.htm
The link give access to sample pages

I also strongly recommend this: https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/155889

Hope this helps,
Sean
grayghost666
entire network: 2,458 Posts
KitMaker Network: 163 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 04, 2011 - 04:02 PM UTC
Hello Matt,
If you can swing it, on amazon.com has osprey books for sale. some are cheap if you buy the ones that are used. Also check used book stores they might have what you are looking for.
Sorry, That best I can do for you.
Cheers,
Bruce