_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
how good/ reliable is Hobby Easy
musicwerks
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 375 Posts
KitMaker Network: 36 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2011 - 01:25 AM UTC
Dear all,

I did my most expensive purchase so far with Hobby Easy.

How fast and reliable is this shop? Anyone has experience.

Kiong
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
entire network: 6,048 Posts
KitMaker Network: 845 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2011 - 01:35 AM UTC
very good service. I ordered lots of times to Ireland found them very fast and efficient. Website is also a lot better these days.
didgeboy
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 1,846 Posts
KitMaker Network: 208 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2011 - 11:12 AM UTC
Only had one order with them, but my books arrived well packed and fairly quickly for being sent from so far away. I was please, my only issue is that they do not accept paypal. Other than that I have been pleased. Cheers.
BomberGunner
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
entire network: 90 Posts
KitMaker Network: 22 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2011 - 02:09 PM UTC
Hi Kiong,
Rest assured Hobby Easy provide an excellent service. I've used them numerous times for kits and aftermarket gear.
They're cheap , combine shipping and stuff usually arrives in Western Australia within two weeks, so Singapore should be even quicker.
Some of the products are sourced from elsewhere (tells you in the product display) and I don't know how delivery of these goes, but so far I am very happy with their service,

Lucien
SSGToms
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 3,608 Posts
KitMaker Network: 512 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2011 - 03:34 PM UTC
After ordering from Luckymodel, Hobby Search, Hobbylink Japan, and several other Asian online shops I have settled on HobbyEasy for lowest prices and best fill rate. Shipping is low compared to others mentioned, and I always get everything I order in a timely manner. Customer service is fast and friendly if you have a problem or need to change / add to an order. I have now placed dozens of orders with them and will not go anywhere else for Asian manufactured models and aftermarket. I highly recommend HobbyEasy for lowest prices and 100% fill rate. I've never been disappointed.
GALILEO1
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
entire network: 1,794 Posts
KitMaker Network: 304 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 08:27 AM UTC
I've been shopping with them almost exclusively for more than 4 years now and I have never had a problem. They are great to work with if something comes up and delivery here to the states has taken an average of 10 days. I get all my Gunze acrylic paints (for my aircraft) from them and lots of AM sets at really great prices so I can't complain.

Rob
shineofleo
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 11 Posts
KitMaker Network: 6 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 30, 2011 - 04:30 AM UTC
I bought quite expensive stuff from hobby easy, and here are some of my story:

1,Never had any problem with them
2,You can send email to ask any question, the reply may not come immediately, but in one day or two, they will reply.
3,Once I found no CD in the package, and I was a bit worried. They reply and explained to me that the courier refused to ship the CD, so they use another post service. A few days later, the CD arrived in my office.

Hobby easy have very up-to-date stuff, and most prices are quite good. You can deal with them with no problem. And we hope this will never change.
musicwerks
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 375 Posts
KitMaker Network: 36 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 03, 2011 - 01:47 AM UTC
Tanks guys,

I suppose they are okay, they told me that my trumpeter Maz transporter will be late as they have ran out of stock but when their website indicated that there is stock.

Guess I wouldn't be getting it on time for my birthday...

Cheers
rebelsoldier
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 1,336 Posts
KitMaker Network: 570 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 15, 2011 - 07:43 AM UTC
great post, full of info.
thanks gang!

reb
airborne1
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 915 Posts
KitMaker Network: 48 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 15, 2011 - 03:17 PM UTC
I've used Hobby easy for years and the service and turn around to get your kits is great .
But........ in the last few orders I have been short supplied on 2 occasions where I have ordered 2 of a particular item and they send 1 and charge my card for the 2 items.

In saying that I made contact with them and they have sent the short supplied item out straight away .

A big thumps up for Daniel @ Hobby easy on the customer service side .

Michael
rebelsoldier
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 1,336 Posts
KitMaker Network: 570 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 15, 2011 - 08:33 PM UTC
i can see where alot of you are pleased with hobby. and thats good. i've used lucky model with zero problems so far. and they have what i want in stock usually, and e mail responses are quite good as well when enquiring about shippin or another model that i couldn't find due to not useing their searh catalog correctly.

that said, i have looked hobby's site over and may try a comparison shop and ship, will see.

reb
turvix
Visit this Community
Harju, Estonia
entire network: 27 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 - 10:16 PM UTC
How can I get in touch with them? I have little problem with my orders and can`t find any customer service in their website, only "contact us". If I send an e-mail through this, how fast they response? anyone have experience with this situation?
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
entire network: 6,048 Posts
KitMaker Network: 845 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 - 10:30 PM UTC

Quoted Text

How can I get in touch with them? I have little problem with my orders and can`t find any customer service in their website, only "contact us". If I send an e-mail through this, how fast they response? anyone have experience with this situation?

Hobby Easy are currently moving to a new premises so their response time may be a little slow.
turvix
Visit this Community
Harju, Estonia
entire network: 27 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2011 - 07:05 PM UTC
I know that but they write on the website: "we'll be back to normal operation before Tuesday 26 July". I'm just a little worried about my orders. Just my orders are almost a week in status "confirmed and ready for ship"
Bizarre
Visit this Community
Akershus, Norway
entire network: 1,709 Posts
KitMaker Network: 82 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 08, 2011 - 12:01 AM UTC
I ordered 2 items 2 weeks ago. One was out of stock and I agreed to wait - it was restocked in less than a week and then I got my package 2 days after it was send from shop! Incredible speed!
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 2,870 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,044 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 08, 2011 - 10:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I know that but they write on the website: "we'll be back to normal operation before Tuesday 26 July". I'm just a little worried about my orders. Just my orders are almost a week in status "confirmed and ready for ship"

That is the normal order status message you will get until the item is on your doorstep.
Have shopped with these guys for a long time. Old website was so weak I had to go online with them at 0200 PDT just to keep their site from dropping off. Last order took maybe 8 days to get to me.
"Highly Recommended"
Rick
 _GOTOTOP