_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
501 Error in Firefox 5.0?
BigSmitty
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
entire network: 597 Posts
KitMaker Network: 140 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2011 - 04:41 AM UTC
Hope this is the right place to post this issue. Currently having to use IE 9 instead of my normal Firefox browswer. I have two books, one for Aeroscale (pointing directly to the forums) and another for Armorama's forums. I get the following error on either site when attempting to access the page:

Method Not Implemented

GET to /modules.php not supported.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

This page was displayed prior to uninstalling the browser and clearing out my personal date. After reinstallation, I have the same error. The sites both work fine in IE, and all my other sites work fine in Firefox.

Is there something I'm just missing on this?

Thanks in advance for the help!

EDIT: OK I can access Armorama through kitmaker.net, and have reset some bookmarks to reflect the different address and it works fine. Sometimes, the interwebz are mysterious...
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2011 - 06:23 AM UTC
Hi Matt,
This sounds a bit like a page caching problem. What specific page and URL are you getting this error on? I upgraded to Firefox 5 (what happened to v4?) and it seems fine for me.

Thanks,
Jim
BigSmitty
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
entire network: 597 Posts
KitMaker Network: 140 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2011 - 06:38 AM UTC
Jim,

I think I got it figured out. I just went to the kitmaker.net main page, then selected Armorama, then the forums, and bookmarked it. Haven't had an issue yet, and looks to be working fine. Did the same thing with the Aeroscale forums and they are working as well with Firefox 5.0.
Tomcat31
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,828 Posts
KitMaker Network: 212 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2011 - 11:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I upgraded to Firefox 5 (what happened to v4?)

FF4 was only around for a short while (released march 2011) with FF5 being released in June 2011.
 _GOTOTOP