_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Modelers near me
MichaelD413
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 163 Posts
KitMaker Network: 28 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 25, 2011 - 04:00 PM UTC
I live in Agawam Massachusetts and wondering if there is anyone on this site who lives near me...for those who don't know, Agawam is in western mass and on the border of northern connecticut
fhvn4d
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 803 Posts
KitMaker Network: 132 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 25, 2011 - 11:42 PM UTC
Hey Mike, not too close but same state. Fairhaven, MA here. Near Cape Cod.
Removed by original poster on 06/27/11 - 08:26:18 (GMT).
danielsmallwood
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 5 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2011 - 09:31 PM UTC
Hi there!
Michael, recently I found a good site with a wide range of airplane model planes. I've ordered a spitfire model plane there. But the tricky thing is that the company is almost my neighbour. Can you imagine this? I was so surprised!
SSGToms
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 3,608 Posts
KitMaker Network: 512 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 01:26 PM UTC
Hi Mike,

I am President of the IPMS / AMPS Northeast Military Modelers Association and host / moderator of the Armorama painting forum. I live exactly one hour south of you, in Naugatuck, CT. We have members from NJ to Maine. We alternate our monthly meetings between my house and Thom Ivancso's house in East Hartford, just one half hour due south of you. Also, closer to you is the Wings & Wheels IPMS chapter. You can look either of us up on the IPMS USA website.
MichaelD413
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 163 Posts
KitMaker Network: 28 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 06:55 PM UTC
I actually joind IMPS a couple months ago...what do you typically do at meetings/how long do they usually last, etc. I guess my local chapter meets monthly one town over from me (10min) and am tempted to attend one of the meetings...only problem is that I have a panic disorder where most of the time when I go out in public I get massive panic attacks and start to shake really bad...once at walmart I had a really bad one and they tried to call me an ambulance but because they thought i was having a seisure...one of these days I hope to attend one...would it be at all possible to tape one of your meetings or even just a portion...I'm more likely to go places the more im familiar with them
 _GOTOTOP