_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Hobby shops in Berlin and Paris
10digitdeeo
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 109 Posts
KitMaker Network: 25 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 05:01 AM UTC
Hi all!

I'm hoping some of our European members can point me in the direction of the must-visit hobby shops in both Berlin and Paris, as I'll be visiting at the end of the summer!

Thanks in advance!

FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 07:12 AM UTC
Ola Alex

It's funny... I will be a week in Berlin from 4 juli to 11 juli and already did some recon on shops... (don't let my GF hear this )

There is ModellBau Alex Lange who also has a good shop on Ebay. The shop is based Steglitz close to U Bahnhof Wilhelm Schreiber Platz.

Then you have "Spielen Werken Schenken" which is pretty close to Alex Lange and is situated under the Pilsturm. Basically ask everybody along the way for the Pilsturm and you will eventually come accross a tower that looks like a Bavarian Beer mug. Has the modelling stuff in the cellar. When I visited the city in 2006 I went there... a modest selection where you can find some nice kits.

There is a shop called Motag in the Strassburgerstrasse 40
http://www.motag.de/start-motag.phtml

Modellbau Meile in the Karl Marx Allee 138. have not visited this shop but lookin at it's site is has a modest Plastic area
http://modellbaumeile.com/fenster/startsei.php

Nino's ModellbauStudio in the sansibarstrasse 2 in the Wedding area from what I hear it is a small shop with kits lying around everywhere.

Mario's Modellbaustudio Spandauerdamm 49. Opposite of Schloss Charlottenburg
http://www.marios-modellbaustudio.de/Front.htm

Years ago when I visited the city on a 3 day trip I stumbled along a small shop which was litterally stocked from floor to ceiling with plastic kits... With a lot of kits that were OOP for a long time and a lot of them pretty rare as well. It could very well be Nino's modellbaustudio but I can't remember te street anymore. It was a real treasuretrovesadly I did not have that much money on me at the time. I hope to find that little shop again when I am there in Juli.

Also I don't know how long you are going to Berlin but there is some considerable distance between the shops. Check out Google maps to see where you can find them. From what i have heard Motag and Alex Lange are both shops worth a visit

Maybe there are some members from Berlin here that know some more info... Maybe they even know which little shop I visited in 2006. In my mind it was in one of the streets leading to the Pilsturm
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 7,219 Posts
KitMaker Network: 981 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2011 - 11:54 AM UTC
Another way to get to Werken Spielen Schenken:

In Berlin, take the U-Bahn line that terminates at Rathaus Steglitz. I forget which number it is, but get out two stops before the end. I think it is the Schlossstrasse Station. You'll obviously be underground, but right in front of you as you exit, there's a basement entrance to the shop.
C_JACQUEMONT
Visit this Community
Loire-Atlantique, France
entire network: 2,433 Posts
KitMaker Network: 103 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 13, 2012 - 09:12 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Nino's ModellbauStudio in the sansibarstrasse 2 in the Wedding area from what I hear it is a small shop with kits lying around everywhere.

I visited the shop last month.

Nino's Modellbau studio is not really a modelshop anymore. The guy got rid of all his kits (except some 1/87th scale stuff) and it's mostly 1/87th already made items (civilian cars and truks and military), and some diecast cars in larger scales (1/43 and bigger) now. Even for those things the inventory is not large.

The owner told me Internet killed the model kit side of his business.

Cheers,

Christophe
 _GOTOTOP