_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Hello to all
newbornmodeller
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 22 Posts
KitMaker Network: 19 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 02:36 PM UTC
I am new to this site and to modelling as well. I really admire this artwork and I am trying to learn as much as I can to be as good as some of you are some day. Since this is my first forum to be apart of do you have suggestions where to start to learn how to begin modelling Armor and miniatures?

I am looking to find some good stores to by videos and books on the subject that I can use to study on as well. Thanks for your time and I look forward to learning something form all of you!!!

Cheers!!
drumthumper
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 392 Posts
KitMaker Network: 159 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 02:48 PM UTC
Ed,
Welcome to the Kitmaker network, home to some of the world's best modelers! Here, regardless of what you build, you will find people eager to help and advise, where your questions will be answered and in turn, your skills will benefit. Feel free to inquire, and please never feel like any question you have cannot be asked. I think I can speak for the other guys and say, welkommen!

Kirchoff
newbornmodeller
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 22 Posts
KitMaker Network: 19 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 02:54 PM UTC
Thanks for the reply!!! It really intimidating to see such awsome work and to think I can even get to that level. The hard part is knowing where to start. I plan on reading LOTS of these posts and taking plenty of notes.

I watch ScaleModelMedic, Scratchmod and ScaleModelMadman Youtube channel to learn somethings. Do you have any other suggestiongs on site to visit for How To and techniques? Thanks again
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 02:43 AM UTC
I am sure you will fit in Ed as we have members from all levels of the hobby. Welcome to the site.
mauserman
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
entire network: 1,183 Posts
KitMaker Network: 496 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2011 - 03:50 AM UTC
Welcome Ed. You've found the perfect site for someone new to the hobby. There are all levels of modelers here so feel free to ask questions and post pics. Regarding that site you're looking for to get tips and techniques, well you've found it. Just click on the Features button at the top of the page and just start exploring.

Cary
 _GOTOTOP