_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
8th Army/Tamiya/Others
Hip_Priest
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 142 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 07:29 PM UTC
Other than the Tamiya British Eighth Army figure set, could someone please advise of other manufacturers who do/did make such figures -1/35 btw?
Im also on the lookout for other Commonwealth troops such as Indian/NZ/Aus/Can for WWII - again any ideas much app. Ive looked in all the usual places, online stores/ebay/etc.

Cheers
ukgeoff
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,007 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 08:15 PM UTC
Well, WW2 British figures in general are very thin on the ground. Italeri did a few 8th Army tank crew, not very well sculpted though. Of course Airfix also did some in their Multipose range, but they're to 1/32. Apart from those I don't recall any others in tropical kit except a few resin/white metal figures, one infantryman by Hornet/Wolf and partial tankers by Ultracast.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 12,927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,060 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 09:55 PM UTC
Some of the NZ/Ozzie companies are doing some really nice commonwealth figures. I would suggest starting at the PMMS (Perth Military Modelling Society) and looking through their extensive links. Some of the commonwealth figures coming out are looking very impressive indeed. Closer to home, Blast models (which are in France) have a superb website with loads of stuff (ultracast etc.). Failing that, the only alternative is convert,convert and convert.... The best set (in plastic at least) in my opinion are the Dragon Commonwealth infantry which combined with Hornet heads can give you a million variations on a theme. The Dragon set also have some superb weapons and differ from the Tamiya set in that they genuinely represent late-war commonwealth troops. Tamiya, chose the path of least resistance and chose to do the minimum amount of research on such basics as helmets...Jim
 _GOTOTOP