_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hello to All
MichaelZ
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 3 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 - 03:58 AM UTC
Hello All,
Been out of modeling for many years and would like to start again. I'm sure a lot has changed, ie. what brands are considered good now for detail, what brands of paints you guys are using (both brush and AB). Also, what scale would you say is the most commonly built?
I'm interested in Military models as well as space models.
Any and all advice is appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
MikeZ
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 3,389 Posts
KitMaker Network: 625 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 - 05:06 AM UTC
MIchael, welcome back to the hobby. Yes, there have been a lot of changes, but much of the old stuff is still around. In military models, 1/35 and 1/72 are the most common, with a lot of good recent releases. With space models, I"m not as familiar, but Dragon are releasing some new items from the Apollo missions, I believe in 1/72.

With the military kits, is there a specific time period or subject that you prefer, like Shermans, softskins or modern? If there is a particular kit or item you want to know about, just ask here in the forums, or check the reviews. There will be lots of info provided. As for paint, I was using Pollyscale, which has been discontinued, so I am looking for a new paint line as well.
MichaelZ
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 3 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 09, 2011 - 05:37 PM UTC
Thanks for the welcome! I'm actually interested in both Tanks and Aircraft modeling. Not in a hurry and would like to learn it the correct way. I've noticed many stores selling 1/35 and 1/72 but it also seems that many people in this forum advocate the 1/48 scale. I'd like to start with Armour models first. Just want to see the difference in detail the kits come in....as well as finished size so I may place them on a shelf for display once done.
Thanks again for any and all info,
Mike
 _GOTOTOP