_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Plane builder cheating on his love with armor
Blimey007
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 31 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 29, 2011 - 12:41 PM UTC
Hi ya'll (my best TN redneck accent). My name is Danny and I am a Brit in the US Army. I normally build WW2 aircraft (straight out the box) to commemorate the real ones I excavated. Now you might say, huh??? Well, I am a hobby aviation archaeologist. I excavate WW2 aircraft and look for the MIAs still in them. I recently PCS'ed (Army lingo for moved) from Germany, where I left my family, to Tennessee, urggg. I decided now that I have a while without my kids and wife stalking me (hehe, thank God my wife does not subscribe to this forum) I would try my hands on Armor and Figurines. In Germany I lived in an area that was so heavily fought over, you still see scars today. My first attempt at armor, with the exception of some 1/72 Matchbox tanks back in the days, is a diorama with a T-34/76 and a Soviet M4A2 Sherman on the way to Berlin, or maybe Vienna, I am flexible. I will post my progress in the appropriate forum.
Danny
magicsub
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
entire network: 103 Posts
KitMaker Network: 22 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 12:46 AM UTC
Wow! sounds like an interesting job!
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 03:28 AM UTC
How does one get a job like that? Armor is an intoxicating mistress. Post some photos and we'll try to help guide you as you grow.
 _GOTOTOP