_GOTOBOTTOM
Buy, Sell or Trade: Selling: Finished Works
Finished kits or dioramas for sale by poster.
Question for you all?
2-2dragoon
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 608 Posts
KitMaker Network: 171 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2011 - 02:39 PM UTC
What sells? What would you sell them for? I have a bunch of nice 1/35th modern armor, mostly M-60's and M-48's. OK, some of them are not perfect, but if you want a kit to mod or build on, they are great. What do you sell something like this for? Thanks.
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 3,836 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,121 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2011 - 03:53 PM UTC
Hey Lance,
If you were to sell them I'd say sell them around 1/3rd cost of the kit. Most often many will buy a kit new...the joy of having a new kit to add to the stash pile. Last year I bought a few built up from a member here to do some conversions, paid $10 bucks each plus shipping.

I doubt you'll find modelers here buying built models to add their collection, they will buy for mods and such.

Have you thought about selling them on eBay, type in 1/35th built models in Toys and Hobbies section...really.

Happy Modeling,
Joe
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 20, 2011 - 04:06 AM UTC
I agree with Joe, though as built kits, a third of retail might be high unless they are top quality builds. Remeber, even using them for conversions will require some undoing of what's already been done. Ebay is p[robably your best bet with a low starting bid.
Good luck.
2-2dragoon
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 608 Posts
KitMaker Network: 171 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 22, 2011 - 04:08 PM UTC
Thanks, will look at Ebay.
 _GOTOTOP