_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hello from Hungary
Lorddarthvik
Visit this Community
Hungary
entire network: 6 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2011 - 01:46 AM UTC
Greetings to all fellow modellers!

IŽm an amature modeler and been building things since I was deemed safe by my parents to handle a knife and not eat the glue. IŽve been lurking around these forums for about 2 months now looking through your great builds, and trying to learn new ways to improve my modeling. I mostly build 1/72 WW2 armour, and currently have a Tiger I and a Jagdpanther waiting for a paintjob. I wish to try some "pro" things like washes and varnishing on them. When they get to a presentable state IŽll show some pictures.

Until then, you can check out how I ruined my last couple of builds half a year ago with Revell Panzergray enamel paint and some aweful weathering. The perfect image of how Not to build your models
Looking back now I wish I hadnŽt been so eager to build them so fast, and would have done a proper job instead, especially on the cute Hetzer.

http://s877.photobucket.com/albums/ab336/Lorddarthvik/Models/

(All Italeri 1/72, TigerII, PzIII wargaming set, Hetzer; sorry about the bad quality and messy background)

I have 9 models in the stash or half completed so IŽll be hanging around here a lot
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2011 - 02:51 AM UTC
hello

and welcome to the site..

You will find tons of information here i'm sure..

Delbert
Buckeye198
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 94 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2011 - 06:37 AM UTC
I gotta tell you, you really didn't do a bad job on the weathering at all! The dirt isn't overdone, looks like you've done some drybrushing and some good paint chips and scratches. All I'd recommend (and I don't know if you use one or not) is to get a quality airbrush...looks like the grey is kinda thick, looks like my models before I got my airbrush! If you do use an airbrush, then maybe just focus on using less paint to cover the model. After that, a nice dark wash will help darken stuff out a bit. Check this thread out http://kitmaker.net/forums/140764&ord=&page=1 It's all about weathering armor, and it's still being added to! It can be kinda daunting, but if you're stuck on what to do next for your Jagd's, look over this! Hope this helps, and welcome to the community!
 _GOTOTOP