_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Air Brush & Compressor Maintenence
afern401
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 34 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 05:06 AM UTC
Hey gang,

I picked up a used Aztek A470 brush set and a used Badger 180-1 compressor. Havent done anything with them yet and dont know how to use them. What is the best way to clean them up? Any idea where I can get isntruction books for them? Any other tips/ideas for someone new to airbrushes and compressors? Thanks!
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 29, 2011 - 03:15 PM UTC

Aztek Airbrush Nozzle Cleaning

some people swear by testors, others at them.....

retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2011 - 12:54 PM UTC
I think Aztec makes a good starter brush. Later on, you might check out Iwata, Grex, and Badger. You can also get a Badger knock-off from Harbor Freight. It costs about $20, but has everything you need to start.
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2011 - 06:26 PM UTC

Also check out this website

Don Wheelers Airbrush tips site

has a lot of the basics and some general informal reviews on badgers and a few others including the harbor Freight one..

afern401
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 34 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 01, 2011 - 08:58 AM UTC
Thanks for the responses. I'll be getting around to cleaning the brush in the next few days. Any ideas where I can find manuals for brush and compressor? I havent checked the company website yet, but that will be the first place I look.
dark_fang
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
entire network: 24 Posts
KitMaker Network: 6 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 29, 2011 - 10:09 PM UTC
as i own that exact air brush. i have a few warnings make sure the nozzles are clean each and every time you finish using it .make sure to use the little wrench to clean the opening as paint can clog the opening and you'll get little to no pressure. the way the nozzles are set up the paint can clog around the prongs so make sure you have something like a tooth pick or a sowing needle so pick the pant out so you don't have to stop as often. one more thing once in a while if paint leaks inside the airbrush it will come out the sides of the nozzle by the threads just clean them and your fine. but as everyone else said a good beginner airbrush but once you get your technique down look at getting a better one because the a470 is a very temperamental airbrush
 _GOTOTOP