_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Dragon railway cars
Slimedog1
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 637 Posts
KitMaker Network: 566 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 24, 2011 - 07:14 PM UTC
Can anyone tell me if the Dragon railway cars fit on the Trumpetor railway tracks???
I am looking at putting 2 dragon cars on the Trumpetor tracks.
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 2,184 Posts
KitMaker Network: 356 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 25, 2011 - 02:09 AM UTC
Mike, according to the post on the Rail road camp. the dragon wheels have to go to the far outside of the axles. Not sure if this is correct but the inside measurments for the trump track is aprox 41 m.m. I would get the track first and set the wheels when you build. The trump tracks are great, only the outside ends need to be worked as they are smooth. You can get them from scalehobbyist.com and are pretty cheap.
Slimedog1
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 637 Posts
KitMaker Network: 566 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 25, 2011 - 03:37 AM UTC
Thanks for the info Bob!!!!!!!!!!
I have 2 dragon cars and am in need of tracks.Tracks were gone from the kits I got.I made a really sweet trade with Milvehfan for 2 cars.
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 2,184 Posts
KitMaker Network: 356 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 25, 2011 - 10:14 AM UTC
Hey Mike, I have yet to buy a dragon R/R kit that came with track. If you are going to use an engine, I suggest you purchase the kit track for it as the wheels are on the outside of the frame and cars have the tracks inside. They can be adjusted where the engine wheels can't. I had to break loose the car wheels and reset for the Trump tracks because I bought the engine after. It worked out O.K. but had to put the whole thing on hold for the November R/R campaign. That's o.k.too, as I still have alot of stuff to P/U for the beast.
 _GOTOTOP