Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
ANZAC Day
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 2,832 Posts
KitMaker Network: 680 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 24, 2011 - 02:11 AM UTC
Writing this to you all whilst i Polish me gongs and iron my suit, hope you all have a fantastic day and enjoy your day off, or any local parades/services you may attend.
Take a few moments from your day to remember all our Service Men and Women who have served, and especially those who never saw home again.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

Lest We Forget
Cuny12
Visit this Community
Australia
entire network: 378 Posts
KitMaker Network: 26 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 24, 2011 - 11:15 PM UTC
Hope you enjoyed ANZAC day I am truely greatfull to be able to march Today and find it so much more special to reflect on the responsibilities and sacrfice of many brave Australian soldiers and a sobering reminder that the price of freedom can only be measured by loss and sadness
for those that paid the ultimate price and those that are able to speak of what was required and left to remember fallen comrades.

Lest we forget.
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 8,156 Posts
KitMaker Network: 593 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 25, 2011 - 01:21 AM UTC
Hi guys. I am currently transcribing my grandfathers WWI diaries and researching his service records and those of his brother (who was killed in action on the Western Front in WWI). I find myself in tears while reading every few pages, and I cannot begin to imagine what it would have been like to have actually been there.

Lest we forget.