_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
model master glue with metal tip
youpey
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 528 Posts
KitMaker Network: 53 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 10, 2011 - 07:16 AM UTC
a ways back you could get the model master glue (in triangle shaped bottle) with a metal tip. i recently purchased the testors one and now it has a plastic tip. i find with the plastic tip it clogs all the time, almost instantly. with the metal tip it would clog but never in the middle of a session, and if it did happen to clog, i would just take a lighter and quickly go over the metal tip with it and it would clear immediately (probably not too safe)

does anyone know if the model master one still comes with the metal tip. i have not been able to find it
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 10, 2011 - 08:08 AM UTC
You'll probably have to buy am precision applicators to get a metal tip. Even these are difficult to locate, but I found some. I'll try to find the site for you.
Emeritus
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
entire network: 2,845 Posts
KitMaker Network: 424 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 10, 2011 - 08:40 AM UTC
If you don't mind trying another brand, Revell's Contacta Professional comes with a metal applicator tip.

Unfortunately I have no experience with the Model Master cement so I can't say how the Revell stuff compares with it, but I've been using this Revell Cement for several years and been happy with it.

youpey
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, April 10, 2011 - 10:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

If you don't mind trying another brand, Revell's Contacta Professional comes with a metal applicator tip.

Unfortunately I have no experience with the Model Master cement so I can't say how the Revell stuff compares with it, but I've been using this Revell Cement for several years and been happy with it.

that looks great, but i cant find it in the US. i might just buy it from england and pay the extra because that looks like exactly what i am looking for

ADDED: Bought it from england. 2 bottles for 15 bucks shipped. thanks for the information
pseudorealityx
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 2,191 Posts
KitMaker Network: 357 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 10, 2011 - 11:26 AM UTC
The metal tipped version is Model Master part # 8872C

I found it at my local hobby shop, and it's available at a lot of online retailers as well.
youpey
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, April 10, 2011 - 11:33 AM UTC
hmm. the LHS has that same packaging but it had a plastic tip.

i ordered that other one now, but it would have been cheaper to get the MM one

thanks guys
panzergoth
Visit this Community
entire network: 142 Posts
KitMaker Network: 34 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 10, 2011 - 01:44 PM UTC
You are talking about 2 different products. I always loved the plastic tip ones but had the same problem with them clogging and I would try to ram a needle or something sharp down the spout but to no avail. The needle applicator works great and I have never had a problem. There is also a product called flow-rite and it consists of a glass tube with a needle on the end. You put the open end of the applicator into micro weld or similar and capilarry action draws the glue into the tube. You draw the needle on the parts you want to glue together and you get instant, clean bond. I have never worked with a faster more efficient system.
ltb073
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 3,662 Posts
KitMaker Network: 319 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 10, 2011 - 02:14 PM UTC
Just found it on the web where I get most of my stuff from and will give it a try next time I place an order

http://www.scalehobbyist.com/catagories/Paint_and_Construction/TES00008872/product.php?s=4&t=2&u=0&pg=1&ppp=24&sb=stocknumber&so=a&man=TES
pseudorealityx
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 2,191 Posts
KitMaker Network: 357 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 11, 2011 - 12:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

hmm. the LHS has that same packaging but it had a plastic tip.

i ordered that other one now, but it would have been cheaper to get the MM one

thanks guys

Are you sure you didn't buy this one?

http://www.odinartcollectables.com/images/testorsliquidCement.jpg

This is the plastic tipped version. Almost the same package.
 _GOTOTOP