_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
vent! ignore, just frustrated
bdanie6
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 615 Posts
KitMaker Network: 15 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 06, 2011 - 03:30 AM UTC
Bloody hell! Is it too much to ask to find ONE hobby shop, local or online, that actually carries everything I need??
retiredbee2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 757 Posts
KitMaker Network: 180 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 06, 2011 - 04:15 AM UTC
Hey Bruce,,,what I need right now you can't find at a hobby shop either . There is an IPMS at Venice Florida this coming Saturday. Hopefully there will be a lot of unusual stuff for sale there. If you are from around the Tampa Bay area, let me know. We have a hobby shop get together here once a month that is great. No club, no dues just a bunch of guys into the hobby. Take care and best regards...Al
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 06, 2011 - 06:55 AM UTC
I am part of the model club in Jacksonville and we are having a meet Saturday. Maybe I can convince one of the guys to run down there with me. I'm sure I can get somebody to loan me an extra $20. That'd make $30 and I'm itching to see any new Soviet kits.
bdanie6
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 615 Posts
KitMaker Network: 15 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 06, 2011 - 07:20 AM UTC
@Al, I just moved out of St. Petersburg to Vero Beach I'm just trying to find someone who carries Tamyia and Eduard and Imex display cases all in one shop. I have 2 LHS within 20 min of here and neither one can get Eduard. And Scalehobbyist and Great Models Webstore each carry 2 out of 3, but, and this is for Matt as well, money is tight and I sure as heck can't afford 2 shipping costs
retiredbee2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 757 Posts
KitMaker Network: 180 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 06, 2011 - 07:57 AM UTC
Well........sadly, there are only seven hobby shops in the Bay Area that I know of and they never seem to have a good selection of models and accessories where it comes to armor and figures. This is why I tend to go online for stuff, usually Lucky Model. So my friend I do share your frustration with hobby shops not focusing on models. Seems they are mostly interested in RC stuff because it is more popular and brings in more sales for them. Hang in there, you will eventually get the things that you need...........................Al.....................Only place I know of around here that even carries clear plastic cases is House of Hobbies on US 19.
Rouse713
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 367 Posts
KitMaker Network: 40 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 06, 2011 - 09:54 AM UTC
I don't think you will ever find a one stop shop. Learn to like a few (even online).

For those special items (weird polish PE and some Voyager sets) I have to go over seas.

I browse local stores, I hunt online.
 _GOTOTOP