Posted: Friday, April 01, 2011 - 01:44 AM UTC
I need your help choosing airbrush. I'm thinking about
Paasche TG3 set (with Talon airbrush),
Paasche VSR90,
Badger 360,
H&S EVOLUTION SILVERLINE fPc Two in One,
Iwata HP-C PLUS
S-Brush FineLine
What can you tell me about them? what are differences between them (beside price of course), pros and cons?
I would like to have universal airbrush (I'm making 1:35 armour mostly), easy to clean, durable.
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 01, 2011 - 09:21 AM UTC
Hi there

I don't know much about the other airbrushes, but I can tell you about the Badger.

The 360 is the same as the badger Anthem except that it can work in siphon feed or gravity feed mode..

I have used one for several years and love the gravity feed option. I use it more than siphon feed.

the one drawback is the color cup is very small in siphon feed. so its not really good for doing a whole model in siphon feed..

Badger makes a new airbrush called the Badger Patriot 105 which is pretty much the Badger Anthem is gravity feed mode only.. but with a larger color cup.

If I was going to choose between the Badger 360 and the new Badger Patriot, I'd go with the Patriot. Just because of the larger color cup..

I have a little how to on my website where there are photos of the 2 and you can see the difference between the color cups..

Making Gravity Feed paint cups for a Badger 360 Universal airbrush.

The 360 is a good airbrush and i've used one for several years with no problems. I just wanted a larger color cup.. thats the only prob I ever had with it.

hope this helps..

retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 01, 2011 - 10:45 AM UTC
I don't have the specific Badger you mention, but my Badger 150 has been with me for two years and no major foul ups. The only problem I have is that it is siphon feed only.
Emeritus
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
entire network: 2,845 Posts
KitMaker Network: 424 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 04, 2011 - 08:50 AM UTC
Yep, Badger's 155 Anthem, 360 Universal and 105 Patriot are basically the same except for the feed mechanism, they share most spare parts (nozzles, needles, etc).
Same as Delbert, I got a Badger 360 myself so can't comment on the other brushes. The 360 has served me well too. I have to concur on the siphon feed option, for the 5 or so years I've had it, I think I've used the bottom feed for about two time, max. And one occasion wasn't even a model but a pair of shoes!

While I haven't had much of a problem with the smallish paint cup (I thin and mix my paints in a syringe so adding to the cup is a breeze), were I buying a Badger today, I'd likely get the 105 Patriot with the larger fixed paint cup.

SSGToms
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 3,608 Posts
KitMaker Network: 512 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 04, 2011 - 05:07 PM UTC
If I were to pick only one from that list, I would choose the Iwata HP-C+, hands down, without hesitation.
flyboy92187
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 199 Posts
KitMaker Network: 17 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 07, 2011 - 06:28 AM UTC
I run a Paasche VL-1 Double action, and it works pretty well. It is easy to clean, as well as control. I have used it on everything from 1/35 Armor to 1/72 and 1/48 aircraft. It is incredibly versitle, and is my first airbrush that I purchased.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 07, 2011 - 09:43 AM UTC
I guess this thread is not going to be much help really, as most have a different airbrush and are happy with them, and will recommend them.
Personally, IŽd suggest the Harder & Stenbeck evolution. I have mines for about 7 years and its as good today as it was when I bought it. Its the 2ŽnŽ1 standard version with a 0.2mm and 0.4mm needles/nozzles, but I bought the quick fix extra. I believe this is included in the silverline. I recently bought a 0.15 needle and nozzle to work more on figures with it.
Great control, very easy and quick to clean, and most importantly ... Ive never had to buy a packing or ring or any other spare parts in all that time. With a little care (same goes for any brush) it should last a long long time. Good investment ... go for quality.
 _GOTOTOP