_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Real Model
samman
Visit this Community
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
entire network: 15 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 28, 2011 - 08:09 PM UTC
Hi
Has anyone had trouble ordering from Real Model, I ordered Lav III upgrade about a month ago and paid straight away on pay pal and got a receipt and have not received any emails from Real Model saying they have the payment or have sent the item out, Had a look on their website and couldn't find past order menu to check to see if the order went through.
I sent an email to their address and no reply.
does anyone know any other way contacting this company??

Samman
AngryDog
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 1,114 Posts
KitMaker Network: 135 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 28, 2011 - 09:21 PM UTC
Sam,

Milo-the owner is a great guy. He is an active forum member here and a ton of us have personal dealings with him.
Something must have messed up along the way. I am sure he will be contacting you soon as he sees this message.
BTW, which website did you order from? The site is undergoing transition if I am not mistaken.This is the new one. http://www.realmodel.cz/
Contact him here https://armorama.kitmaker.net/user.php?op=userinfo&uname=bulivyf
Adamskii
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
entire network: 537 Posts
KitMaker Network: 41 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 10, 2011 - 12:52 AM UTC
Hi sam

Let me say straight up I love Real Model and would reccomend them to anyone.

But I too had an issue with ordering my first time. I placed an online order - received the calculated total and shipping charges etc etc SO the checkout worked. I paid via Paypal. Abouta month later nothing had turned up so I sent the associated emails asking whats happenin - Got the response "We dont have your order - it was never placed, We have received your money but no order"

The issue was sorted - I placed a second order for the same items and verified it went through this time ad it did, they charged the difference as the dollar had changed value.

Problem solved.

What bothered me about it was no one contacted me to ask why I had sent them money. And If i never placed an order, how was I able to use the websites checkout to pay for my items including postage, using their online payment via paypal? I believe in my case the website might of messed up and never "confirmed" my order - I even received an automated email of receipt of the order I made - but the receipt did not show an order number. That was first clue something was amiss.

Later i heard they were switching websites or rebuilding it or something around the time I placed my order - I think my order was placed on the old website version and it was being worked on and got lost when they updated to new version .

This problem with ordering is not first time and I have seen questions in several threads and on other websites about the online ordering.

Thats my story. That said, I rate Miloslav (I think thats his name) very highly as once the issue was raised he did help me correct the problem quickly. AND the items I got were excellent quality so yes I would reccomend them and buy from them again. This time I know to double check I get an email with order number!

This is not having a go at RM, Just sayig what happened in my instance.

Adam
 _GOTOTOP