_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Canada
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Alberta Military Modellers Show
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 4,085 Posts
KitMaker Network: 160 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 07:26 AM UTC
OK Armoramians...Here is the Alberta Military Modellers Show website.

http://www.albertamilmodshow.ca

This new show replaces the excellent Alberta AFV Modeller Show. It was a great ride but we have evolved and enhanced the show.

The show will be held on September 17, 2011 from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. at HMCS Tecumseh in Calgary.

There will be more info added to the website over the next little while. Bookmark us and continue to check our Updates page!

Most importantly the show is about modelling and sharing our projects, providing valuable feedback to entrants, meeting fellow modellers, and enjoying a full day with the hobby we all love. There will be armour, aircraft, ship, and figures entries.

The special show theme is "Black & White"...any entry with part or all of the main colour scheme in black or white will be eligible for the theme award.

Bring out your display models...especially your "WOTIF" projects whether they drive, fly, float, or walk. Everyone loves to look at projects full of imagination and hard work.

There is a writable PDF entry form on the AMMS site...it saves you tons of time when filling out your entry forms in advance and simply printing them out.

There is lots of space for private and commercial vendors...check out the site for how to register vendor tables.

We will have food at the show!...look no further for hot grub and cold drinks in the HMCS Tecumseh Galley!

There will be a silent auction! Come on out with your cash and have fun outbidding other modellers on that kit, book, decal set, or aftermarket goodie you just have to have!

We are very happy that the Alberta Military Modeller Show is working with the Rocky Mountain Model Club and IPMS Vancouver to co-sponsor group choice awards.

As always we are looking for judges...the more the merrier and the easier for judging armour, aircraft, ships, and figures. If you are coming to the show we would love to have you judge...this show is about peer judging...it will all be explained to you in advance...your assistance and input is valuable. If you can commit a couple of hours at a day long show to judge that would be great. Get in touch if you can assist with judging armour, aircraft, ships, or figures as we can slot you in prior to the show. Please refer to the Judging section of the website for more information.

Less than 185 days left until the show!!! See you there!

If you have any questions, comments, or you would like to sign up as a judge or if you want to reserve vendor tables please contact us by email at...

[email protected]
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 10:56 AM UTC
We have added a writable and saveable PDF registration form and details about pre-registration.

The goal....fit out your entry form ahead of time....send it in during the pre-registration timeline....get a discount on the entry fee.
kobathedread
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 48 Posts
KitMaker Network: 28 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 06:44 PM UTC
I couldn't make it last year, but I'm going to be entering this year. I cant wait.
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Monday, April 16, 2012 - 03:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I couldn't make it last year, but I'm going to be entering this year. I cant wait.

Great to hear!

The 2012 show is September 15th at The Military Museums in Calgary.

Our show theme is "THe Maple Leaf Forever"...any entry with a Maple Leaf or associated symbol....flag, tac sign, roundel, etc....will be considered for the theme award.

We are in the process of tweaking our judging format for the show. We feel that both basic and intermediate entries are very important with respect to increasing skill levels and furthering the hobby for everyone and therefore we want to ensure up and coming modellers get the best feedback for their entries as possible.

Check out our site for further information.

_GOTOTOP