_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
Survey
m1garand
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 1,248 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 08, 2003 - 04:32 AM UTC
Why is the survey showing up in Spanish and everything else is English?
Mar-74
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
entire network: 679 Posts
KitMaker Network: 166 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 08, 2003 - 05:25 AM UTC
Because its a question which asks should there be a spanish forum.
TwistedFate
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 805 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 08, 2003 - 05:26 AM UTC
It's Jim's way of forcing us all to be multi-lingual #:-)
chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 1,864 Posts
KitMaker Network: 606 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 08, 2003 - 09:24 AM UTC
Hey if I stick around, then I will have my foreign lang. requirements for college.

~Chip #:-)
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 12,927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,060 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 08, 2003 - 08:50 PM UTC
Unfortunately not all modellers are comfortable using english. I have contact with a number of modellers here in Spain who have only a few words of english. The reality is they would love to have access to a site like armorama.... Nobody is forcing anyone to start using any language on the site other than english... The name of the game here is ACCESS. By the same token we could take out the portugese, the dutch, the german forums. Personally, I consider myself very lucky, I can get access to material in both spanish and english, I feel fortunate that I can talk to both english-speaking and spanish-speaking modellers. As far as I know, Armorama is one of the few sites which offers multi-lingual access something which all of us should supportt.

No-one is getting forced to use any other language apart from the language they feel comfortable with. Some people obviously don't feel very comfortable with this. I wonder why?
Before anyone starts accusing me of being PC, just remember one thing. Apart from Spain, the whole of central and south america (with the obvious exception of Brazil) uses one variation or other of Castellano (spanish) which according to my reckoning means a huge number of modellers. Or do some on this site feel nervous that armorama may become in some way 'tainted'?....... Jim....
TwistedFate
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 09:22 AM UTC
Jim buddy, did you miss the #:-) at the end of my post? It indicates that I was joking. For future reference:
#:-) = joking
= joking
= tongue in cheek/joking

Nobody really thinks the big guy is forcing us to learn another language. I don't think anybody here wants to do away with the ones we do have. I personally think the foreign language forums are a great idea. Didn't mean to offend you, mate.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 12,927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,060 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 10:53 AM UTC
No it wasn't you Tim, I know it was very tongue in cheek... It' wasn't even the replies to the original thread, it's just something that has surfaced once or twice on this site and I would personally love to see this site break the mould compared to others... If you could see the garbage that comes out on some of the spanish-speaking sites, you would despair....So hopefully the spanish forums will come onto Armorama, the sooner the better...Jim :
TwistedFate
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 12:51 PM UTC
Cool. I can understand that. Just wanted to make sure. Sometimes in the text only world of the internet it's hard to get a "tone of voice" across.
 _GOTOTOP