_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
new here
aturnbull
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
entire network: 8 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 09:55 AM UTC
hi .dont really know were to begin this is the first time i have done this.about myself.i'm 52 married with 3 children and live about 45 miles from belfast.i have returned to model making after a long time and its a lot different from the 70s with all the PE,WEATHERING,PIGMENTS and so on.i love aircraft carriers and last oct bought tamiyas 1/350 enterprise even before i opened the box i googled how to build it needless to say i was amazed at what i discovered.since then i have purchased everything that is avalible in PE,DECALS ETC.i still have not started this as i want to get as much practice as i can on less expencive models.as well as this one i have since recieved 4 more carriers as birthday/christmas presents.they are all 1/350 and are USS WASP,LEXINGTON,HANCOCK AND HORNET i have bought all the extras for this one as i wanted to create the DOOLITTLE RAID.hoping to start on the hancock first and slowly build up to starting the rest so any tips or hints would be greatly appreciated
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 3,389 Posts
KitMaker Network: 625 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 12:58 PM UTC
Welcome to the site and glad you joined up. I'd like to see your build. I have two unfinished ship builds on the shelf right now, and they've both been sitting there for a while, waiting for me to figure out what I'm doing.
aturnbull
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
entire network: 8 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 09:46 PM UTC
thanks for the welcome.started the hancock last night will post photos of it later hoping to get some advice
 _GOTOTOP