_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hello all, I am new here
bigmal
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 211 Posts
KitMaker Network: 36 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 09:26 AM UTC
Hello my name is Malcolm.
I spend my time making models of all things used by the British Army from WW1 to Present time, i especially like to model things in the desert.
As an aside i also like to make models of the Russian T64 tank, i am working on a T64BV at the moment.
I hope to hear from any off you at any time.

Thanks

Malcolm

windysean
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 1,917 Posts
KitMaker Network: 133 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 10:16 AM UTC
Welcome, Malcolm,
If you look under the Armorama Campaigns tab, you'll see there's a British Armor campaign (group build) running all this year, and a Great War (WWI) campaign starting on 11/11 (Armistice Day of course).
Under the forums tab, find the "New to Armorama..." thread. Or was it "new to campaigns"? Anyway, find your way around some. Post some replies, and get some dialog going. Figure out how to attach photos, and you've got it!
Enjoy.
-Sean.
JDSkyline
Visit this Community
Friesland, Netherlands
entire network: 12 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 07:14 PM UTC
Hi there Malcolm

Welcome to armorama!! Also new like me !! Cant wait to see any of your builds. Hope to see it soon on this forum. Are you currently working on a project??
Like modern British AFV also very much. The IFV Warrior is one of my favorites.

Greetz

JDSkyline (Joost)
bigmal
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 - 05:55 AM UTC
Hello JD
Nice to hear from you.
I am working on 2 projects at the moment.
1. Desert diorama with a Ford Quad & 25lber along with a Bantam BRC 40 and a Ford WOA2 Heavy Utility.
2. A T64BVK using the Skif kit with added detail from the scrap box and parts from Dragon T72, T80 kits.
The desert project is the more advanced of the two as the Quad is built and painted but awaiting stowage, the Bantam is built painted and weathered awaiting crew and the Ford is part built/painted and the base is part done.

The T64 is barely started, i have the hull together and i am changing almost all the small details starting at the front and working towards the back and then the turret will get the same treatment.
I will try to borrow a digital camera to take photos of the T64 when built and then painted and then try to work out how to post them
bigmal
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 - 05:59 AM UTC
Hello Sean
Thanks for the welcome.
I will try to get some photos of some of my models posted and would welcome comments both good and bad and constructive
Malcolm
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 24, 2011 - 09:53 AM UTC
Welcome to the club Malcom. Glad to have you aboard.
Slimedog1
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 637 Posts
KitMaker Network: 566 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 24, 2011 - 11:25 AM UTC
Welcome to the site Malcolm,
Lots of great guys on here!!!
If you are looking to purchase,sell or trade models this is the site to be at.
Excellent people to do business with on here!!!!!
Great prices and fast service from all I have delalt with.Just check out the good traders list!!!!
Not only can you get your goodies here,but MANY helpfull tips and ideas are floating around here.
You have any questions,and I am sure someone can get the answers you are looking for.
Again welcome to the club!!!
JDSkyline
Visit this Community
Friesland, Netherlands
entire network: 12 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 25, 2011 - 01:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello JD
Nice to hear from you.
I am working on 2 projects at the moment.
1. Desert diorama with a Ford Quad & 25lber along with a Bantam BRC 40 and a Ford WOA2 Heavy Utility.
2. A T64BVK using the Skif kit with added detail from the scrap box and parts from Dragon T72, T80 kits.
The desert project is the more advanced of the two as the Quad is built and painted but awaiting stowage, the Bantam is built painted and weathered awaiting crew and the Ford is part built/painted and the base is part done.

The T64 is barely started, i have the hull together and i am changing almost all the small details starting at the front and working towards the back and then the turret will get the same treatment.
I will try to borrow a digital camera to take photos of the T64 when built and then painted and then try to work out how to post them

Hi Malcolm

sounds great. !! Cant wait so see these projects of Yours. Are they both in 1/35?? Regarding the T64 you already planned ahead but there is a lot of construction work to do.
happy building and take care

Joost (JDSkyline)
bigmal
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, February 25, 2011 - 05:26 AM UTC
Hello Joost
Yes they are both 1/35 scale.
I sometimes think that i have picked on the wrong subject as the only available kit is well below standard, so i am really looking forward to the new Trumpeter releases of the T64A and T64B, they should provide a much better platform to work on.

MALCOLM
 _GOTOTOP