TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Predator Movie Questions
chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 1,864 Posts
KitMaker Network: 606 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 05, 2003 - 12:35 PM UTC
How did they make him invisible?

And how come Billy had to die twords the end? I wonder if he would of made it out with Dutch at the end if he would of lived.

~Chip :-)
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 05, 2003 - 04:55 PM UTC
Are you asking how did the movie people make him invisible or how did he make himself invisible? Chip old buddy, you shouldn't have to ask either of those questions. As to why did Billy get croaked? Well Arnold is the baddest a$$ of all times and has to do this all by himself.
chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Friday, September 05, 2003 - 06:54 PM UTC
I meant in to film making process, how did they make him invisible? I know how he did it in to movie. And, how did they do that Blue spark stuff in the movie? Is that computers?

Also, I am not sure if Billy would have made it if he wouldn't of did his warrior stuff.

Hypothetically (and I am not a nerd, I was just pretty bored the 1st day of school), if Billy would of survived, then Poncho would of been killed when he was. And Anna would have still gone to get the chopper. Billy might have been killed when he and Dutch were running after she left.

But, Billy wouldn't have a place to hide in the tree after Dutch gets done setting up all the traps and waits for Pred.

It would be cool to see what would of happened if Billy would of bought it a little later in the film.

~Chip #:-)
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 06, 2003 - 05:30 PM UTC
I think I would have preferred Billy to go one on one with the Preditor and at least have severly hurt it. I would have liked that to become a major scene instead of just a scream marking his demise. I 'm no expert by any means, but I think even as far back as when this film was made, the sparkles are computer generated.

Don't get too bored in school. Last year's GPA has strong bearing on getting into a good college, and a college education in the Poice force will take you far.
chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Saturday, September 06, 2003 - 05:42 PM UTC
I agree with you on the fight scene. But I think that it would of been to much.

What would of been pretty cool was if they would of filmed the creature and billy looking at eachother, and then back to Dutch and them, and then the scream. I always thought they should of at least showed the creature and Billy together in a way other than violent. They could of shook hands.

Bored, that was just the first day of school, the first day is always boring at our school!

~Chip :-)
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,065 Posts
KitMaker Network: 497 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 07:42 AM UTC

Chip,

What in the name of god are you talking about! #:-)

We need to get you readin' some books!

Maybe you should think about film school. I don't think I've ever heard anyone think so deeply about Preadator!

Steve
chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 10:02 AM UTC
Sniper,
Ohh my lord, Predator is the coolest movie of all time. I mean I am 17, and in those years I have seen nothing cooler. Ok, maybe some things are a bit cooler.

I read man, interesting thing, I am reading a book now "The Battle of Stalingrad" shes an old one to. Written by a General Chuikov? I think thats it.

Honestly, I would like to make a movie, but I have nothing to do it with. I really want to make a simple one that is like "duh, why didn't anyone think of that before?"
#:-) #:-)

Sniper, If I do, your going to be in it. Trust me,, you can be the star.

Hey, I am thinking about a Predator Diorama! #:-)

~Chip
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 02:13 PM UTC

Oh, I love Predator too. Except I was about your age and just starting college when it came out.

Now it's a classic!

Steve
chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 11:43 AM UTC
Thats actually pretty cool. So that makes you 25 now right? #:-)
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 12:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thats actually pretty cool. So that makes you 25 now right? #:-)

I wish!
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 11:43 AM UTC
Billy, and all the others, have to die for the same reason only Ripley remains to defeat the xenomorph in ALIEN: to be seen as being all that much more heroic. If there was a fight scene filmed, it wasn't used to move the story along. From renting DVD, you learn that a lot of celluloid ends up on the cutting room floor.

The invisibity SPFX were computer generated.

Now start hitting the school books.