_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
model widow
1stsgt
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
entire network: 173 Posts
KitMaker Network: 114 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 15, 2011 - 02:43 PM UTC
tonight as i finally finished two of my closet queens, and by the gods of glue, paint and plastic my wife has returned to the ranks of "MODEL WIDOW".
35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
entire network: 3,212 Posts
KitMaker Network: 250 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 16, 2011 - 12:52 AM UTC
I trust you at least gave her your full attention on Valintines Day?
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
entire network: 3,128 Posts
KitMaker Network: 169 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 16, 2011 - 02:06 AM UTC
hey, First;

Getting those shelf-queens out and done: Way to GO! I'm right with you, there, pard!

Being a model-widower... hmmmmm. Caution, there, Good Sir, Caution! That's territory fraught with pot-holes and potential mines - tread lightly! (I can attest personally to that... ).

So what came out of the closet? For me it was my Tamiya Horch IA w/ Flak 38 and Flakpanzer Wirbelwind, finished after about 38 years!

Cheers!

PS: PM out
1stsgt
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
entire network: 173 Posts
KitMaker Network: 114 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 01:14 PM UTC
The funny part is my wife is happy about that cause it has been a great help in my fight with my depression and other mental issues. She tells they hat at least i am home every night and not running the roads. She also tells they at least i am not drinking any more or any other stupid things. I finished the humv that is an armenment carrier and a m113a2 desert theme. I got a kick out it cause i know that this vechile has been around since the vietnam war and still being use. My son who just came home from Iraq laughs about he when to war and saw them to.
ltb073
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 3,662 Posts
KitMaker Network: 319 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 01:42 PM UTC
Model widow??? Wife is making me stay at my temporary workbench, in the kitchen, that I set up back in May when I had ankle surgery and couldn't make it down the stairs. So now I sit in the kitchen and build, glue and paint all the time and no one has to come and search me out in the basement
mauserman
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
entire network: 1,183 Posts
KitMaker Network: 496 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 18, 2011 - 05:55 AM UTC
My wife likes it when I'm holed up down in the basement. She knows where I am and I'm out of her hair!
armouredcharmer
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 670 Posts
KitMaker Network: 70 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 19, 2011 - 12:58 AM UTC

Quoted Text

My wife likes it when I'm holed up down in the basement. She knows where I am and I'm out of her hair!

Sounds like something my mother-in-law told my Missus "At least you know where he is nightimes" !!

Trouble is she`s come up with a reply for it now - "With you it`s always one more kit Darling"
rebelsoldier
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 1,336 Posts
KitMaker Network: 570 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 20, 2011 - 04:24 PM UTC
my wife is near whilst i'm building, crying out in vain to the carpet diety who eats small parts... she has a small fan to direct air away when i'm building, she says she doesn't like the stench(?)of glue. once several years ago she asked didn't i have enough models, i was online looking for a am part. i was sober when i asked her, how many pairs of shoes do you have?

since that time she hasn't asked if i have enough models, has helped me get tools i need, and lets me know when there are new deals on e bay.

only thing is if i pass before her she did say she'd donate all boxed models to the veterans admin craft shop in dallas, and assorted tools.

reb
 _GOTOTOP