_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Tank Rats AFV Depot
GreatNorthRoads
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 2 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2011 - 10:35 AM UTC
Hi there every one my name is Simon and i am the owner of Great North Roads. I was one of Tank Rat AFV Depot Jon Camerons surpliers and he place an very large order from me in th UK which i did for him also i had to pay for shipping to the USA which he said he would put in my account on monday. A year later i'm still waiting payment.
Because of him there are so many customers that really liked my product in the USA but now there is not an wholesaler located in the USA. So now customers in the USA find it hard to order my product because of shipping cost.

Kind regards

Simon
Great North Roads
BillGorm
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 609 Posts
KitMaker Network: 120 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2011 - 10:35 PM UTC
Simon - I'm sorry to hear about your experience with Tankrats. I ordered from them a long time ago and didn't have any trouble, but it sounds like I got lucky. Slightly off topic, I sent you a note about a month ago regarding your products - I was interested in getting the dimensions on some of them. Would a PM here be better than an email?
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 01:08 AM UTC
I did a searc for "tankrats afv depot" yesterday. It looks like he shut down or was shut down.
Jmarles
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 1,138 Posts
KitMaker Network: 166 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 11:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I did a searc for "tankrats afv depot" yesterday. It looks like he shut down or was shut down.

good riddance to bad rubbish! I noticed he was down a while back, I checked his link on Amazon and it was broken. No doubt he'll resurface at some point under a different name. Vigilance is the watchword!
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 12:03 PM UTC
Bad pennies alway show up again.
New name, new website, new con.
Gendrok
Visit this Community
Nicaragua
entire network: 125 Posts
KitMaker Network: 29 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 10:43 PM UTC
[quote]
I have been talking with the BBB in Arizona and they could not get an answer from John Michie, Barry Michie or whatever his name is. The BBB said there was nothing else they could do to help me get my money back. They list his site as very low on the rating scale.
/quote]

BBB is greatly over-rated. Position on the rating scale is relative to on time membership payments. Pay on time and you'll always be at least a B. If this guy doesn't fulfill his orders, doesn't pay his suppliers, I doubt he'll pay his membership fee's to the BBB if he's registered with them.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 12:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Switzersland
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 196 Posts
KitMaker Network: 105 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 03:04 AM UTC

Quoted Text

www.spruebrothers.com can't go wrong with them!

I'll second that, and Very fast shipping.
Bratushka
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 1,019 Posts
KitMaker Network: 332 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2012 - 09:41 PM UTC
I learned my lesson early on. His acting like he is one of your best friends is all part of his game. It has been a few years since my go-round with him and at the time everything including the shop's phone number was in his girl friend's name. In a conversation I had with him he told me his name wasn't on anything to tie him to the business. I can't explain what he meant by that. It's likely any 'official' complaints against him wouldn't affect him at all because I am sure with his smooth talk and silver tongue he has several layers of 'human shields' in front of him.

In the end, I didn't lose any money but it was a struggle to get something in lieu of the eternal back-order game he was playing where I paid for some things and 6 months later was on his 'ignore this customer' list. I felt myself lucky to get out of my involvement with him and break even.
 _GOTOTOP