_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: AMPS
Topics about AMPS (Armor Model and Preservation Society).
AMPS 2002 - Looking For A Shared Ride
screamingeagle
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 1,027 Posts
KitMaker Network: 269 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2002 - 05:41 AM UTC
Hi Modelers, Being that my Dr.license is under suspension, I am looking for anyone in the New Haven, Ct. area WHO WOULD BE INTERESTED IN SUPPLYING TRANSPORTATION TO AMPS 2002. I AM WILLING TO SHARE ALL EXPENSE 'S FOR THE RIDE DOWN & BACK. IT ALSO DOESN'T MATTER IF THE VISIT DOWN IS FOR 1 OR BOTH DAYS OF THE SHOW. WHAT EVER IT TAKES. ANYONE WILLING TO SUPPLY TRANSPORTATION, PLEASE EMAIL ME AT : [email protected]
THANK YOU.
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2002 - 06:05 AM UTC
I may be going, not sure because of some unscheduled meetings that are upcoming. I am located in the Boston, Mass area.
screamingeagle
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2002 - 06:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I may be going, not sure because of some unscheduled meetings that are upcoming. I am located in the Boston, Mass area.

ROB PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL
- ralph
ChrisCarney
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 88 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2002 - 10:07 AM UTC
Is that the one that is in Va. Beach, Va in july? I start back up with the road trip thingy in march. Haven't gotten my schedule yet, but I do get close to Conn. I'll get back with you and let you know what and where my schedule sends me, heck I could be in the bahamas in july. It's happened before. Also, there is a nice little hobby shop in East Over called "Craftech" See if you can find the number and talk to "Jim". He's the Co-owner and a really big modeler. There are a bunch of great guys up there who may be willing to help. If I run across the Phone number, I'll post it here. Hope that helps. Chris (Tiger 1) Carney.
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2002 - 10:11 AM UTC
No, it's at Aberdeen Proving Grounds, Maryland. Home to the Ordnance Corps and a big display of military hardware all over the post. Museum is OK too. Many of the display pieces are "one-ofs", that is they were test vehicles or variants that didn't quite make it. Also a lot of "war booty" is on display like "Anzio Annie" the large German rail gun.
Tin_Can
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 1,560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 344 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2002 - 10:48 AM UTC
Rob's right. AMPS is near Aberdeen in Maryland.

The one in Virginia Beach (where I live) is the IMPS/USA National Convention. Luckily it's only about 8 miles from my house. A word to the wise though about the IMPS show. It's July 31-Aug3 which is prime tourist season down here so if you plan on attending I'd make reservations very, very early because if you wait, the hotels will either be full or outrageously expensive. In fact, the IMPS site, http://www.ipmsusa.org, says that the Quality Inn (not sure where that is in relation to the convention center) is already booked full for that time period.
screamingeagle
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2002 - 11:44 AM UTC
Thank You guys. I just want everyone to know that i'll be posting this message on some other forums as well. I just want to secure a definite ride. I AIN'T MISSING AMPS 2002 - EVEN IF I HAVE TO TAKE THE TRAIN Please email me if interested in the offer.
- ralph
ChrisCarney
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 88 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2002 - 09:12 AM UTC
Cool, AMPS 2002 is at APG. I love that place, been there about 6 times. I can't wait for them to build the indoor museum so they can get all those fine pieces of armor out of the weather. Then maybe, just maybe they will do something about painting them in more realistic patterns. If I'm in the area then, I'm definately going to make it. Thanks for the info. Chris (Tiger 1) Carney. :-)
 _GOTOTOP