_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Did all the late Tiger I's have zimmerit?
Veli_V
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
entire network: 5 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 27, 2011 - 08:11 PM UTC

I bought that kit, assembled it and gave it a first coat of Dunkelgelb. Looks like this now:

I am planning to put the steel road wheels on that, but I was pointed out that if I do that it should also have zimmerit. So I was wondering if there would be any late production Tiger I's that didnt have zimmerit?

GeraldOwens
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 3,736 Posts
KitMaker Network: 35 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 27, 2011 - 08:36 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I bought that kit, assembled it and gave it a first coat of Dunkelgelb. Looks like this now:

I am planning to put the steel road wheels on that, but I was pointed out that if I do that it should also have zimmerit. So I was wondering if there would be any late production Tiger I's that didnt have zimmerit?

All steel wheel Tiger I tanks were built during the period when Zimmerit was mandatory. Of course, in this scale, it would be barely visible.
Veli_V
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
entire network: 5 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 27, 2011 - 09:51 PM UTC
I see.. Guess I'l have to try to make zimmerit with some putty then. That also makes things a bit difficult considering applying the waterslide decals.
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 28, 2011 - 02:00 AM UTC
There are at least three zimmerit sets for this kit that I know of. Eduard's set is #22033. Part's set is P72027 and Atak's is 7201. Atak's is resin and the other two are PE.
Atak
Part
 _GOTOTOP