Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
S - T - E - E - L - E - R - S
Burik
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 1,437 Posts
KitMaker Network: 82 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 23, 2011 - 03:03 PM UTC
That was a beatdown in the first half but turned into a white knuckler in the second half. Whew. Onto the SUPERBOWL!
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 4,691 Posts
KitMaker Network: 668 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 24, 2011 - 04:02 AM UTC
Being a Raider fan I have no love for the Steelers,but congrats to whoever was able to shut upthat big mouth Ryan and his cocky team.thank you Steelers.
tankfixer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 283 Posts
KitMaker Network: 167 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 24, 2011 - 06:08 AM UTC
I wish that the Jets could have pulled it together a little sooner and might have beat the Stoolers. Big mouth and cocky team? THIS is coming from a Raiders fan?
ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 2,023 Posts
KitMaker Network: 626 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 24, 2011 - 08:39 AM UTC
Congratulations Steelers ! Now it's off to face the "Green and Gold". I hope for a great "White Knuckle" game with the "Pack" coming out on top.
GO PACK GO !!!!!!
PS: Anybody been to Packer Coach Mike McCarthy's fathers tavern in Pittsburgh ?
Tojo72
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,691 Posts
KitMaker Network: 668 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 24, 2011 - 09:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I wish that the Jets could have pulled it together a little sooner and might have beat the Stoolers. Big mouth and cocky team? THIS is coming from a Raiders fan?

What do you mean,the raiders haven't had anything to be big mouthed and cocky for years.and we won't until davis dies or sells he team.
VonCuda
Visit this Community
entire network: 2,216 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 25, 2011 - 01:02 AM UTC
As a life long Steelers fan I must say having 6 Super Bowl trophies is great. I can only hope that after we add 7, 8, 9, and 10, we will then step aside and let all the little people have a chance at winning one.

Hermon
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 25, 2011 - 01:30 AM UTC
I went to college where the Jets used to have their HQs and they used to give us free tickets to some of their home games at Shea. I had a slight affection for them (being a New Englander, they just weren't my team), but I have never been so glad to see them shut up. They were an OK team until they took the personality of their coach. He makes the NFL sound like a WWE smackdown promo.

Steelers, on the other hand, are one of the great organizations in the NFL. It is good to see them make it to the SB once again. Watching Rex Ryan rip his headset off when they got that last 1st down was priceless.
Burik
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 1,437 Posts
KitMaker Network: 82 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 25, 2011 - 02:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Watching Rex Ryan rip his headset off when they got that last 1st down was priceless.

Yeah, I loved that too.

I am not a fan of the modern way athletes gloat and whatnot. I think Ali started that and I hated it then. So I did not like the way the Jets celebrated with their antics after beating the Patriots, like "flying" around the field with their arms stretched out like planes. After the Steelers won, some of their players returned the favor and mocked the Jets by "flying" around Heinz Field.