Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Anyone ever order from Lucky model.com?
Gendrok
Visit this Community
Nicaragua
entire network: 125 Posts
KitMaker Network: 29 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 21, 2011 - 05:57 PM UTC
How was the experience? Any trouble with their payment method? Is it still worth it after paying the import taxes?
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
entire network: 6,048 Posts
KitMaker Network: 845 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 21, 2011 - 10:59 PM UTC
Hi you should do a search for Lucky Models some people report a very positive response some don't. Mostly it has to do with LuckyModels ordering system- in stock means they have the kit while available means they don't have it but can get it so you might be waiting a long time for it. Also worth noting that they have free shipping on many resin and PE sets.

More here

I have ordered from them for years with no problems. I don't use them much now though because they have an added charge for using paypal which is my preferred payment method
metooshelah
Visit this Community
Jerusalem, Israel
entire network: 1,507 Posts
KitMaker Network: 195 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 21, 2011 - 11:23 PM UTC
I order mainly from them, never had an issue that was not taken care of. just mind you order items that are marked "in stock" and not those marked "available" and you'll be all right.
Blueheeler
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
entire network: 347 Posts
KitMaker Network: 23 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 21, 2011 - 11:30 PM UTC
Really love how the same question Im thinking just pops up at around the same time. I ordered 5kits from them the other week, 11days ago to be exact and was half wondering if they would majically appear here the start of next week or not. You see, three of the kits are "available", and me being an idiot it seems, took it as they, LuckyModel, would be able to source it fairly quickly, hence the 7 to 11 day delivery service to her in Australia. Seems Im way off the mark.....If you dont have it in stock, say "not in stock."

As far as your question is concerned, no problems withthem taking my money pretty quickly
retiredbee2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 757 Posts
KitMaker Network: 180 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 22, 2011 - 02:31 AM UTC
I have no problem understanding the difference between available and in stock. In stock meaning that they have it and available simply meaning that somewhere on the planet there is this particular model and they can eventually get it. I have had only two problems with LM one was a delay on a model marked in stock and the other one was when I ordered some stuff and they double ordered it. The double order was straightened out. Overall, I like using LM and I have had quite a few orders that went very smoothly........................Al
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
entire network: 6,048 Posts
KitMaker Network: 845 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 22, 2011 - 02:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

.If you dont have it in stock, say "not in stock."

As far as your question is concerned, no problems withthem taking my money pretty quickly

To be fair to LuckyModel they do have a box you can tick when searching that says Show In Stock Only
Torchy
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,016 Posts
KitMaker Network: 237 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 22, 2011 - 04:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

How was the experience? Any trouble with their payment method? Is it still worth it after paying the import taxes?

Yep,they are brilliant,no taxes for me and I've used them lots
KoSprueOne
Visit this Community
Myanmar
entire network: 4,011 Posts
KitMaker Network: 879 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 22, 2011 - 06:05 AM UTC
import taxes may be country of destination specific. If Nicaragua charges this, then it's not LM. LM would not see any of that fee.

As for my own experience with LM, I had one issue that was resolved with communication

I ordered an "In Stock" (green dot) plastic model kit and by the time I got to the check out and payment, it had changed to "Available" (blue square). The status was now "Available" on my item invoice. I emailed them about this and eventually they refunded total amount within a week of my request to do so

before this time I ordered kits with no issues or problems and shipping was swift

I haven't ordered from them lately but I plan to later on when I'm finished with a few 1/1 car payments

Gendrok
Visit this Community
Nicaragua
entire network: 125 Posts
KitMaker Network: 29 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 22, 2011 - 06:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

import taxes may be country of destination specific. If Nicaragua charges this, then it's not LM. LM would not see any of that fee.

Import taxes are like 30% here. I know LM would see nothing from it, but I might send it to the states if the import taxes are not charged. I have family coming and going constantly to and from the states.
mauserman
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
entire network: 1,183 Posts
KitMaker Network: 496 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 22, 2011 - 06:45 AM UTC
I've ordered many times from them. All of the "In Stock" orders arrived very quickly. The one time I had a problem with them, I found their customer service to be excellent. Their prices are great and many items ship for no charge.
KoSprueOne
Visit this Community
Myanmar
entire network: 4,011 Posts
KitMaker Network: 879 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 22, 2011 - 01:49 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Import taxes are like 30% here. I know LM would see nothing from it, but I might send it to the states if the import taxes are not charged. I have family coming and going constantly to and from the states.

yes, take this option. Especially at 30% because the U.S. doesn't charge for the usual model kit purchase amount