_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Model Shop - Trafford Centre, manchester
Hip_Priest
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 142 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 01, 2003 - 02:00 AM UTC
Last time I was inthe trafford centre i noticed the model shop there (the modle centre) was expanding to a different unit. It should have opened by now. Does anyone know if it has and if they stock a better selection of 1/35 stuff (not that it could have got much worse).
Mar-74
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
entire network: 679 Posts
KitMaker Network: 166 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 01, 2003 - 04:45 AM UTC
dont know if its moved but ive been there before and have to say it was probably the worst stocked shop ive been in. Not in a hurry to revisit it.
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,595 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,079 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 01, 2003 - 07:08 AM UTC
yeah I got some kits from there not the best place to shop but I always have a gander when in the trafford center the fella behind the counter didnt know if they were going to expand the kit range depended on the company itself,
BTW went to the model shop in wigan the other week wasnt to impressed with it handy for tamiya paints and thats about it I think best bet is to try pennine models in haworth that is a good shop closed monday/tuesday though
Mar-74
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
entire network: 679 Posts
KitMaker Network: 166 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 01, 2003 - 07:49 AM UTC
if you ever get over to leeds theres a very good model shop by me in Pudsey, only been open a couple of years but already moving to a shop twice the size of the original so hes doing something right. New shop opens next monday and he's got a life size Darth Maul in resin for his window!!!
Excellent shop covers just about everything and if he hasnt got it he's more than happy to oder it for you.
Teacher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,924 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 01, 2003 - 10:16 AM UTC
I was the first customer through the door of the new shop..it's next to Debenhams on the upper mall. The armour section has shrunk to about a square metre. Bloody awful! I was disgusted. The manager said it was because they were rushing to open. I went back a week later and it was still bloody awful. Don't bother going there. E-mail the head office instead and complain....might do some good? www.themodelcentre.com

Vinnie
Hip_Priest
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 142 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 01, 2003 - 07:26 PM UTC
I know the shop now I think, was it the nautical themed one?
If so, that was at least 50% larger than the previous one so its disappointed to hear they havent stocked any more armour stuff - the accessories section isnt much either.

As an aside i popped into the bolton model mart the other week and for a small shop was well stocked with military stuff. Id have a preferred to see some diorama stuff (verlinden etc) but you cant have everything. Bizarelly, when I was in some lad was getting interviewed for a job and the interview took place over the counter whilst people were getting served!

I noticed driving past late last night theres a place called Rail and Model Centre in farnworth - anyone been?
 _GOTOTOP