_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Oyumaru (Mold Making Material)
bige69
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 43 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 09, 2011 - 01:00 PM UTC
Did I search on the word and didn't come back with any result.
In any case. I came across this material while trying to cast a pair of of range finders from my E-75 for my Tiger II mod build (10.5 KwK).
Anyway onto the material. These little block thingy comes from Japan. I first saw them in Japan couple months ago and was wondering what they were and I came across them at the local hobby shop again couple of weeks ago.
You soften these block up by warming them up in 80C water. Once soften you press your original into them to get the impression. No mold release agent is needed. I cool it in cool water afterward - not sure if that is needed. I pop the original out and cast the parts using polyester putty. I was very happy with the resulting cast - even the weld seams and the mold line (lol) from the original showed up
The best thing is these are suppose to be reusable - just warm them up in hot water again.....
Spiderfrommars
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
entire network: 3,845 Posts
KitMaker Network: 209 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 10, 2011 - 12:06 AM UTC
Ther's something similar

http://www.utileplast.com/Home.html

To be honest i've never used it, but i've read on modeller reviews that is very useful for modelling scratchworks

Cheers
newdriftking
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 365 Posts
KitMaker Network: 75 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 08:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Did I search on the word and didn't come back with any result.
In any case. I came across this material while trying to cast a pair of of range finders from my E-75 for my Tiger II mod build (10.5 KwK).
Anyway onto the material. These little block thingy comes from Japan. I first saw them in Japan couple months ago and was wondering what they were and I came across them at the local hobby shop again couple of weeks ago.
You soften these block up by warming them up in 80C water. Once soften you press your original into them to get the impression. No mold release agent is needed. I cool it in cool water afterward - not sure if that is needed. I pop the original out and cast the parts using polyester putty. I was very happy with the resulting cast - even the weld seams and the mold line (lol) from the original showed up
The best thing is these are suppose to be reusable - just warm them up in hot water again.....

Not sure if youv'e found this product yet, but I've found some in the uk..

http://www.fredaldous.co.uk/
 _GOTOTOP