_GOTOBOTTOM
Scratchbuilders!: Armor/AFV
This is a group for armor scratchbuilding questions, topics and projects.
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
Want to Beg Information
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 176 Posts
KitMaker Network: 29 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 04, 2011 - 03:52 AM UTC
Hello, and Happy New Year. First a small rant. So far most, of what assistance ,and or info,I have sought has gone unanswered. So with that said here I go again. Three questions, one, who makes a good HEMTT 1/35 scale vehicle, two, for the FAUN SALT 56 with a TRAILER, what are the trailers tire size and tread pattern. Third and final question, if the FAMO had a recovery trailer what does it look like and where to get a scale drawing so I can scratch one up. I hope that someone out there can help me answer these questions. I look forward to your comments. THANK"S Again Guys.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 17,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,968 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 04, 2011 - 08:55 AM UTC
The main reason for your questions going unanswered is where you post them. I happened to stumble across this post. It should really be in the armor section, not scratch-building.

As to answers:

Italeri does the HEMTT. It is so-so, but can be nice using resin tires and a couple of the Pro-Art resin upgrade sets.

On the Faun, no idea, but there are a couple tire sets in resin if you are looking to replace them, (I just can't remember by whom.) A little researching at model sales websites should find them in short order though.

The Famo did use a trailer to recover damaged vehicles. Tamiya makes a Famo Recovery Vehicle kit which includes the trailer that sells for about $125.00.

Hope that helps.
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 176 Posts
KitMaker Network: 29 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 05, 2011 - 03:20 AM UTC
Yes that does. I do admit to a brain fart though. I forgot that the FAMO and trailer is already produced. On the tire sizes, I clarify, the tire size on the real thing. I can't quite read them in the available photos I've seen. Thank you very much.
 _GOTOTOP