_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Filipino Modelers Phorum
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
I Was so Mad and this happenned...
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 01:14 AM UTC
Ok, let's put the darn story....

I was trying to AB my model. I always have a prob with the container. It leaks. Kanina, I done the AB and I was so mad that I slam the bottle to the ground while holding it. As the result of my darn anger is a large cut in my hand. There was quite a big but shallow one on my palm. Another cut was on my small finger. It was bleeding badly together with the thinner and metallic grey that came from the destroyed glass container. As the result, it hurts badly! I cleaned it with water and soap then with alcohol. Medyo ok na sya. Damn container. Jeep knows about the prob with my darn container right Jeep? Well, that's all. Thanks for hearing me out. I'm very quite pressured and most of you know it.
jomz
Visit this Community
entire network: 543 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 02:38 AM UTC
Patience my dear, these things are usually done by kids (the anger-thing) when they have tantrums, you know. You should have the wound check, otherwise, baka mag-impection.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 03:01 AM UTC
Well, salamat. You know, it's hard to be pressured IMO eh. Some things just happen suddenly. I didn't felt the pain until I saw large blood flowing...
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 03:04 AM UTC
the moral story is:

"Never use an AB when your mad" You may break the damn container and bleed badly!
LaTtEX
Visit this Community
entire network: 292 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 04:50 AM UTC
Moral of the story:

When airbrushing, check the temper and then the temperature.
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 1,538 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 12:14 PM UTC
The leaking container finally got to you eh? Keep your cool man.
crismag
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
entire network: 280 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 07:32 PM UTC
moral: walng matigas na pandesal sa mainit na kape
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,612 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,129 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 07:43 PM UTC
As a great Chinese philosopher once said:

"Xi hua to zixhau er Quing Cia Hu xsi sien ming ming lei no gun ri doo wai si pang ni er xi zyhie yu ma li li li ma kshi xi."

What it means, I have no idea.
jomz
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 09:38 PM UTC

Quoted Text

As a great Chinese philosopher once said:

"Xi hua to zixhau er Quing Cia Hu xsi sien ming ming lei no gun ri doo wai si pang ni er xi zyhie yu ma li li li ma kshi xi."

What it means, I have no idea.

si Dao Ming Zu yan loko.

cris

did you get my PM re: for your links?
lonewolf
Visit this Community
entire network: 478 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 10:15 PM UTC
Baw, calm down... It's just a hobby, ika nga nila....hnde yan ang career mo. Past time HOBBY yan. OK?

"Violence will take you nowhere....or perhaps, a trip to the medicine cabinet..."

Wawa ka nmn...Marami ba dugo? Sana sumama ka samin..Dino-nate mo na lang sa VMMC yang dugo mo! Tatawagin ka pang modern hero". ^___^

Dude, ingat ka...Baka nahalo na dugo mo yung paint, and ngayon ay dumadaloy na sa blood stream mo! Nakaka-damage yan sa katawan! Particularly sa tissues sa mata! (some paint thinners and similar petroleum products..)
rysorne
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
entire network: 115 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 10:29 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Ok, let's put the darn story....

I was trying to AB my model. I always have a prob with the container. It leaks. Kanina, I done the AB and I was so mad that I slam the bottle to the ground while holding it. As the result of my darn anger is a large cut in my hand. There was quite a big but shallow one on my palm. Another cut was on my small finger. It was bleeding badly together with the thinner and metallic grey that came from the destroyed glass container. As the result, it hurts badly! I cleaned it with water and soap then with alcohol. Medyo ok na sya. Damn container. Jeep knows about the prob with my darn container right Jeep? Well, that's all. Thanks for hearing me out. I'm very quite pressured and most of you know it.

SR, Its a lesson to learn, not only patience also carefulness, its bloody mess for the British.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, September 01, 2003 - 01:08 AM UTC
Thanks for the reply guys! Don't worry, I won't die of tetanus or anything worse. Just a cut in my hands.
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, September 01, 2003 - 01:39 PM UTC
Besides SR, you should know by now that one is NOT a true modeller if he or she doesn't shed the appropriate amount of blood as a sacrificial offering for The Model Pagan. (blessed be its name) EVERY kit should be built with some blood coming out from our arteries - usually by a quick slice by an errant X-Acto blade, or worse, an out-of-control motor tool that has put out a significant chunk of one's flesh out from the main body. No kit is truly complete without shedding some blood, toil, sweat and tears - but The Model Pagan (may it bestow mercy on us) prefers blood, thank you. It is an agreement - nay, COVENANT - that we as model builders must follow - TO THE LETTER. Other than shedding blood, we must also be addicted to The Hobby, have a HUGE stack of unbuilt and half-built kits always, and must suffer sticky fingers (via SuperGlue), hypnosis and nauseusness (glue and resin fumes) and other toils that toll on our measly little mortal flesh. You do have your "I AM A MODEL BUILDER, I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE MODEL PAGAN" guide book, right? #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-)
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Monday, September 01, 2003 - 01:54 PM UTC
Been sniffing too much chloroform again BISIGI

I've offered my pint of blood to The Model Pagan (may it bless my pile of unbuilts) when I was a kid. Exactos were not available then and I had to resort to double-edged razor blades. Painful ain't it? #:-)
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, September 01, 2003 - 02:07 PM UTC
Not sniffing chloroform - I wouldn't be posting here if I did that hehehehe! Rather, just paying homage to The Model Pagan (oh blessed are we all) on this fine fine fine wet and rainy day courtesy of the Rain Maker (oh may it shower us with more rain) who has made me stuck here at home with the PC. #:-)
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
Posted: Monday, September 01, 2003 - 02:51 PM UTC
You Disciple of the Rain Maker (shower us with your kindness)! How dare you stay at home! We have a country to run! The judicial and financial integrity of our government will be in ruins because of you!!! #:-)
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, September 01, 2003 - 03:44 PM UTC
Blame those at the DPWH for the lousy sewege and road infrastructure hehehehe I was actually on the way to the office with me boss when boss decided "let's just go home." so... got's blessing from boss.

Besides, I have my Strategic Nuclear Weapons Launch Panel here at home so I don't really need to go to the office to do my work #:-)
jomz
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, September 01, 2003 - 07:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Blame those at the DPWH for the lousy sewege and road infrastructure hehehehe I was actually on the way to the office with me boss when boss decided "let's just go home." so... got's blessing from boss.

Besides, I have my Strategic Nuclear Weapons Launch Panel here at home so I don't really need to go to the office to do my work #:-)

Uy, himala hindi baha sa Espana and DLSU a while ago.
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, September 01, 2003 - 08:48 PM UTC
But the area where I work is said to be a veritable river some hours ago, which is one reason why UP-Manila PGH issued an advisory that it was cancelling its classes.

Also, the bloody mayor here isn't doing a grand job fixing the roads and sewege, since most of the money goes to Kris Aquino (ewwwwwwww!)
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, September 01, 2003 - 11:58 PM UTC
WTF? Model Pagan? Rain Maker?
 _GOTOTOP