_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hi Everyone
simon2301
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 23 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 02, 2011 - 12:53 AM UTC
Thought I may as well subscribe after using the site for the last three years.

Been modelling since about 1966 when I glued together (sort of) an Airfix Westland Scout. Seriously into the hobby since 1974 when I was introduced to Tamiya kits when I lived out in Germany and never looked back since, Over the past 36 years I've seen the hobby change out of all recognition from the barren days of the late 70s early 80s to the cornucopia of today and as you can expect, have a vast reference library, a spares box the size of Harrods and loads of collectibles that I just won't part with yet. I'm a traditionalist at heart and will scratchbuild or modify in preference to using after market stuff or wait for something that interests me to be kitted.

I'm in it like most, just for the fun, but as is my nature, I'm a stickler for detail and my own worst critic. I concentrate manily on British 20th Century Armour and Softskins and figures but will occasionally dabble in other subjects to improve techniques and take a break from the norm. Was heavily into Napoleonics in the 70s and 80s and used to love the old Historex Competitions.Think there's some great stuff being built out there and am constantly inspired by loads of people in the world of military modelling today.

Heroes? Shep Paine, Bill Horan, Chas Stadden, Francois Verlinden
and anyone who contributed to Military Modelling magazine in the early days. I also will never forget Bill 'Paddy' Meharry - a nice man and a pure inspiration,
without whom I would never have got into this brilliant hobby.

Finally, I wish all modellers everywhere a great 2011
MUNROS
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 75 Posts
KitMaker Network: 27 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 03, 2011 - 12:56 AM UTC
Simon Hi! Welcome to the site. I'm new to this stuff. When i post something, it's to ask some rookie question. So, it will be good to have another old hand about to learn from. I hope the new year treats you well. Greeting from Pittsburgh PA. GO STEELERS! A drinking town with a football problem. RONNY.
MSGsummit
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 751 Posts
KitMaker Network: 175 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 03, 2011 - 04:32 AM UTC
Hi Simon! Sounds like you have a ton of experience and insights to share with us!
 _GOTOTOP