_GOTOBOTTOM
Network Talk
For discussions about network-wide site topics, announcments, etc.
Photos missing
Workboat
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 19 Posts
KitMaker Network: 6 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 26, 2010 - 01:42 AM UTC
I hope I'm in the right forum to mention a peeve please.
It's quite frustrating to get excited about a thread only to find that the photos I anticipated are missing and all I get are red x'es. This may be an issue that's out of the poster's control (I don't know because since I have my own hosted web site I have no limitations), but in so far as possible I for one would be grateful for whatever the author of the thread can do to ensure that the photos are always available. I just visited a topic with photos posted as recently as two months ago, and they are missing.
MSGsummit
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 751 Posts
KitMaker Network: 175 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 26, 2010 - 02:30 AM UTC
Rich,
I agree it is frustrating when you finally find an old thread that holds possibility only to find the pictures are no longer there. However, I think it is due to limited storage capacity for the original poster. I know in the past I had to eliminate pictures I posted in older threads to make room for new pictures for a newer thread. Sucks but......
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 10:43 AM UTC
Howdy Rich

If its something you really would like to view, one thing you can try is if the member is still active send him a message using the IM system and ask if they have them stored offline and if they can shoot you a copy via e-mail..

laters
docdios
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,998 Posts
KitMaker Network: 257 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 08:22 AM UTC
The issue would be down to where or how the pictures have been stored this is one of the reasons that I would like to see more of the blogs turned into proper features as the pictures are then permanently stored on our servers and the features easily found on the site.

cheers

Keith
 _GOTOTOP