_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Airbrush Advice
MacWilly
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 7 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 24, 2010 - 06:12 AM UTC
Hello All. I know this topic appears alot, but there is so much information to try and understand. I'm pretty sure I have narrowed my choice down to two airbrushes, and was hoping to get some advice either way. I would love to get an Iwata HP-C+, but I could use the money to get back into the swing of things (ie...need to buy new paint, glue, sandpaper, tools,etc). The two arbrushes I am looking at are the Badger 200-20 and the Badger 155-1 Anthem. They are reasonably priced, and I have read decent things about both. I am not an experienced in the art of airbrushing, so I was leaning towards something relatively easy to use. Any guidance would be appreciated, even if you do not reccomend either. I am open to any suggestions. Thanks.
imdead
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 119 Posts
KitMaker Network: 116 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 24, 2010 - 06:52 PM UTC
Hey chris airbrushing isnt as easy as some people think. A good airbrush is key as well as practice.there r many brands to pick from. I have 2 like new harder and steenbeck airbrushes for sale in mint condition cheap. The infinity for 120 and the evolution silverline for 75 shipping is 5 on each in the us. Search on here for there reviews u will find that both are excellent airbrushes. There
Selling for cheap because i need to pay for traffic tickets lol.i am also on the good sellers list
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 25, 2010 - 03:45 AM UTC
Howdy Chris

You will prob get as many answers about airbrushes as there are airbrushes.

But I'll throw in my 2 cents worth,

I started out with several testors airbrushes, for me they were not very good.

I have a Badger 360 that I was very happy with, It is basicly the same as the 155 anthem, except it does both siphion and gravity feed. My main problem with it was the color cup was way too small forthe gravity feed.

Dixieart.com lists the 155 anthem and the 105 Patriot airbrush (which is a gravity feed only version of the 155 at about $75.

I recently got a Renegade Velocity airbrush, which I am liking even more than my 360. I think its the best airbrush i've used so far and it has got some very good reviews. ..

Dixieart lists it for around $100. its worth the extra in my opinion.

Some people perfer siphion feed, but I have found I have more control with the gravity feed airbrushs.. I guess its personal preference.

laters
Delbert

P.S. I only mention Dixieart, because that is one of the places I buy my stuff.

Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 25, 2010 - 06:41 AM UTC
Hi Again.

Just wanted to add a bit more. I just did some airbrushing and realized that I should say the 155 series type airbrushes are a little more forgiving than the Velocity Airbrush, and will prob be easier for a novice to learn. I do know the Velocity is a little more demanding i.e. touchy in proper thinning of paint.

I do recommend gravity feed over siphion, but that is my personal perference.

here is a link for a review of the 105 gravity feed airbrush that You might find interesting.

Patriot Model #105 review

MacWilly
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 7 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 25, 2010 - 12:21 PM UTC
I appreciate the feedback. Thanks for the reccomendations, and I'll take a look at the for sale section.
 _GOTOTOP