Local, Regional, or International.
Trucks & Tracks 2011 (Folkestone) cancelled
Kuno-Von-Dodenburg
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,453 Posts
KitMaker Network: 89 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 10:22 PM UTC
Reading the latest isssue of Military Modelling last night, I found out that My Hobby Store (new owners of the show) have cancelled the 2-day "Trucks & Tracks" show at the Leas Cliff Hall in Folkestone (UK) on the last weekend in February 2011 BUT in its place are organising a one-day replacement show called "On Track" on Saturday 26th February only, at the same venue.

More details here:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/47211/thread/1291213684/Trucks+%27n%27+Tracks+2011+Replacement+Show++Update

This will likely be of interest to those who (like myself) were / are still planning to attend that weekend.

- Steve
barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,981 Posts
KitMaker Network: 574 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 23, 2010 - 04:51 AM UTC
Steve,

Spread the word! But I think you really meant to say that MHS are NOT organising On Track - it's being arranged by a bunch of good folks to fill the vaccuum left when MHS dropped TnT for this year...

The On Track show website can be found at http://www.ontrackshow.co.uk/, and discussions have appeared in the MAFVA forum here on Armorama.

Hope to see you there! (Drop by the Essex MAFVA stall and say hi...)

Tom
Kuno-Von-Dodenburg
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,453 Posts
KitMaker Network: 89 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 03, 2011 - 02:46 AM UTC
Thanks for the clarification, Tom.

In light of this development I'm debating over whether or not to go, given that for me it's a helluva drive just for a one-day show.

I'm planning to attend EuroMil again though in September for sure.

- Steve
barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,981 Posts
KitMaker Network: 574 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 03, 2011 - 03:27 AM UTC
Steve,

I hear ya on the travel front - especially when you look at the weather so far this winter! However, from the OnTrack website's list of traders it looks like I'll still find more than enough to spend my money on, and there will still be a large MAFVA display/competition. (Besides, it's only an hour away from here!)

As for Euromil, I'm loathe to give my honest cash to the same bunch that took over and then did the dirty on all the folks planning for TnT. I can find lots of other things to do in September...

Tom
 _GOTOTOP