_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Airbrushing booth vented and ready to go.
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 04:31 AM UTC
Howdy all..

Just thought I'd post today's project, so here it is...

I recently traded for a Model Expo Airbrushing booth and here it is all hooked up and ready to go.

I shaped a couple of tin dryer vents and attached to the back for a qucik disconnect to the vent hose, ran it though the wall of my Model Workshop "read living room closet" into the washroom "read wash closet" on the other side of the wall and out through the dryer vent "I can do this as I don't have a dryer...LOL"

This booth works great with Acrylic Tamiya paints and not to bad with Model Master Enamals, but I'll admit that Metalizer sealers and gloss coat rattle cans tend to overpower the small fans attempt to exhaust the fumes..

But overall I'm pretty happy with it.. fits into my limited space area.

Delbert

thanks for reading my little topic.....
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 25, 2010 - 09:10 AM UTC
Howdy again.

Today I got to test out my new vented spray booth. As I've said I set it up in my Model Workshop (I.e. Living room closet).

My control on this session is my Wife, who doesn't like it when I airbrush in the house because of the smell of the paint. She was sitting in the living room about 15 feet from the closed door of the closet where I was airbrushing.

I airbrushed quite a bit of Testors enamal paint. I did the underside of an aircraft and various peices in RML 76.. then switched to tan for a couple of parts and finished with black on the wheels.. All in all it was quite a bit of airbrushing.

The model expo booth was comfortable to use and I had plenty of room in it for my parts. since I was in an exclosed space i did use a respirator. The fan seemed to vent most of the overspray out through the filter as you can see in the photo, but i will admit its not 100%. ...

When I was done I asked the wife (who has a touchy smeller) if the paint smell was negated enough not to bother her...

She said she didn't smell any paint fumes at all. So I guess I can now safely airbrush in the house.... finally...

_GOTOTOP