Local, Regional, or International.
Model show dates uk
IanSadler
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 324 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 29, 2003 - 12:32 AM UTC
hi the next few weeks will be busy with a show each weekend in first third of sept . Womborne civic centre near birmingham on the 7th sept , 10am to 4pm all welcome , 14th sept Sutton Coldfield tTown hall 10am to 4pm all welcome and last the Gramar school spalding 21st sep 10am to 4pm again all welcome. ipms Nottingham will be at all shows . November 6th is the Newark and Lincs show at Southwell racecouse in Southwell Notts on the 6th oct 10am to 4 pm all welcome and free entry to all. cheers ian
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,595 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,079 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 29, 2003 - 02:35 AM UTC
Ian are you doing any demo stands this year at Telford? I was very impressed with the demo you gave last year there using takeaway cointainers even the wife who doesnt model was very impressed
P.s why does it cost so much to get in at Telford?
IanSadler
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Friday, August 29, 2003 - 06:15 AM UTC
hi thanks for the kind compliments , i am as usual booked into telford and will be holding more demmos over the two days , a few more tips up my sleve for this year . i have just done 3 days at stoneleigh town and country show and it went very well. even had a few ladies take up on my demo work for their own craft work , cheers ian
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 8,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 963 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 29, 2003 - 07:32 AM UTC
:-) HHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLLLLL
Mike, I think it was £10.00 Last year (£8-£10.00, anyway) Might seem alot but even IPMS members pay something now. It is worth a Tenner, Hannants usually have some real bargins, such as a Tamiya 1/48 Mosquito for £9.99 (usual price £18.99) :-)
Mal
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,595 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,079 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 29, 2003 - 01:11 PM UTC
I thought Hannants had too mny wing stuff last yeaar to to spend my time browsing and after the way I've been treated by them in the past I'd rather not use them agai if possiable but sound like a good deal you got
IanSadler
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Friday, August 29, 2003 - 10:07 PM UTC
hi all let us put the cost of admission against what it cost s to put the show , this may come as a surprise to all, but you are not going to get much change out of £40,000 to put the show on . now compare 8 hours at a price of £1-00 per hour to a football match which last 2 hours in all and it can cost up to £60-00 for the two hours , I do not think anyone is being overcharged to see over 100 model club and sig displays all under one roof over 100 traders from far and wide. also being able to see on the stands lets say a conservate est of 10,000 models on display , not to mention all the friends from overseas and more importantly the making of new friends - happy days i say , cheers ian
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 8,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 963 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 07:07 AM UTC
:-) Mike, I was just giving an example of how a tenner is value for money, you will certainly find something outside of Hannants. Like Ian says, I go as much to see the displays as to buy goodies. I could easily spend a thousand quid, my problem is usually what do I actually buy out of all the things I want with what I can afford. I try not to buy models and stick to accessories and books. Always come away with a few models though :-) It really is worth going, one of these times I intend to stay over and do the 2 days
Mal
 _GOTOTOP