_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Greetings from Texas
VintageRPM
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 300 Posts
KitMaker Network: 80 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 27, 2010 - 02:19 PM UTC
Hi, y'all. After a decade and a half of building model cars (mostly 1/43 sports cars), I've started into the darkside - armor. I blame my fellow IPMS-Houston club members. But basically, I fell off the deep end after attending this year's IPMS-USA National Convention. My armor interests lie with motorcycles, armored cars, and soft-skins. (Kind of automotive variations, I guess.)

This year, along with other models, I've completed a 1/35 Polish armored car and a 1/87 FT17 tank. Just finished a 1/24 Ferrari and next model up on the bench is a Roden 1/35 Roll Royce armored car.

My username is the same one I use on several car modeling board (keeps things simple) and refers to my web site, VintageRPM.com. I love photographing racing cars and I've dabbled in motorsport journalism, so my web site is kind of an off-shoot of that and my modeling.
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 3,389 Posts
KitMaker Network: 625 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 27, 2010 - 02:59 PM UTC
Welcome aboard. I like the build selection you posted. It's good to keep variety going in your build selection. Keeps you from getting bored. One day I'll start on my 1/24 Fujimi Porsche. You can dabble at Armorama and Automodeler, and try anything else for that matter. It's all here.
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 27, 2010 - 03:12 PM UTC
howdy Mike

Welcome to the site.. hope to see some of your work posted... I to have a fondness for armored cars and soft skins, though of late i've been working on the real darkside, wingy thingies...

BTW thats a great looking model of K9, he was always one of my favorites on Dr Who...

anyways have fun.
Delbert

P.S. my last completed build was a litte dio featuring a motorcycle its on my website..
VintageRPM
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 300 Posts
KitMaker Network: 80 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 28, 2010 - 04:19 AM UTC
I see you've built a NASCAR stock car, too. That may be even a darker side than "winged thingies".

Quoted Text

howdy Mike

Welcome to the site.. hope to see some of your work posted... I to have a fondness for armored cars and soft skins, though of late i've been working on the real darkside, wingy thingies...

BTW thats a great looking model of K9, he was always one of my favorites on Dr Who...

anyways have fun.
Delbert

P.S. my last completed build was a litte dio featuring a motorcycle its on my website..

Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 29, 2010 - 09:27 AM UTC
yep mike

but that was in my early years and the wife is a real fan of the #3, and I made it for her...

lol
Delbert
 _GOTOTOP