Soldier Stories
Served in the military? Discuss your time and experiences here.
Hosted by Dave Willett
OIF casualties /opinion
Euro_Pro_USA
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
entire network: 143 Posts
KitMaker Network: 15 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2003 - 10:57 PM UTC
I just wanted to say that I am sorry for those Americans killed and still dying in Iraq every week. The death toll is increasing and is higher than the one of OPeration Desert Storm. No one knows how this will end. There is no doubt , the war was justified, may be the aftermath of the war was not well prepared. I understand well why the US does not want the UN to play an greater role,,,,I mean the UN had failed in many operations like Sebrenica or Ruanda , Somalia,,,the UN is too weak. I just feel ashamed as an European that not many european countries help the americans and send troops.

Every single American soldier that died is a tragedy for every citizen in the world whether he is american or not because the americans are the people that have the courage to sacrifice their life in order to make a better world for every peoples of every continent.

May God bless all Americans
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 03:18 AM UTC
Oliver,
Since you are new to the site this is probably "/news" to you, but we don't post on current event topics. This forum is not the right place for this topic as well. At one point in the past we did have a Current Events forum but the discussions became a bit too heated for a modeling site. There are plenty of other good sites out there to discuss politics or current events. We (a majority of the members) would prefer to keep this site focused on modeling.

Thanks,
Jim