_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Mohawk
Artafrica
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
entire network: 15 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 25, 2010 - 05:14 AM UTC
Hi, everybody

I am thinking of building a"Mohawk", any version, from the "Vietnam era". Anybody out there know which is the best 1:72 scale model for this build?
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
entire network: 11,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3,657 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 25, 2010 - 05:39 AM UTC
The only manufacturer I know of that sells a mohawk is roden and it's in 1/48. I wouldn't suggest paying the $35-40 for it though.
Artafrica
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
Posted: Friday, November 26, 2010 - 07:02 PM UTC
Thanks, for your advice. Multiply the amount you gave by seven, and a 50 kilometer trip to the nearest decent hobby shop (This is what we have to deal with in South Africa). Anyway love the hobby.
Thanks again all the best.
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 26, 2010 - 07:30 PM UTC
You should probably have posted this question on Kitmaker's aviation site, Aeroscale.co.uk, to get a response from those in the know, however I believe Hasegawa produce (or used to?) a 1:72 scale Grumman OV-1B Mohawk.

If I remember correctly Jeffrey Stein Sales in S.Africa used to import Tamiya and Hasegawa, so if your LHS doesn't have stock ask them to contact Jeff Stein. Alternatively simply buy from Hong Kong based internet stores such as LuckyModel or HobbyEasy - I used to land my orders (I used to live in CPT) from these 2 firms at half the local shelf price (and that included postage).

HTH

Rudi
Artafrica
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
Posted: Friday, November 26, 2010 - 08:09 PM UTC
Thanks, for your reply Rudi. The only problem is I don't have a credit card (can't stand the things). So I guess I will just have to pay the price then.
Greetings Artafrica.
 _GOTOTOP