_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Greetings from Raleigh NC
terrybarrett
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 195 Posts
KitMaker Network: 8 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 20, 2010 - 03:36 AM UTC
Good Morning,

I'm a new member from Raleigh, NC. Started building in High School ('79ish) Was very involved, went to a couple National IPMS shows (Salt Lake City, Milwaukee) brought home a couple trophies in Junior categories. Discovered beer and girls, forgot about modelling, grew up found a career, a wife, had 3 daughters! Whew! Re-discovered modelling during sleepless baby nights and am now back in the groove. I have narrowed my focus to US WWII Armor subjects and have built in the last year:

Tamiya M3 Halftrack
Peerless Dodge 37mm
Tamiya M3 Stuart
(these were all old kits I had from back in the day)
DML HVSS Sherman
Tamiya M8 Greyhound

Currently working on an Italeri Chaffee.

Have really enjoyed the advances in the hobby, aftermarket upgrades in particular. Have picked up a lot of new techniques from Steve Zaolga's books.

Won a few trophies at a couple local shows (Raleigh and Richmond VA) Nice to know ya "Still got it" javascript:PasteSmiley(':D')

Recently discovered this site and am excited about exchanging ideas and getting all the latest info.

If anyone is near Raleigh, drop me a line, internet is great, but this hobby lends itself better to real people occasionally!

My e-mail is [email protected]

Nice to "meet" you!

Terry
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 3,389 Posts
KitMaker Network: 625 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 21, 2010 - 10:12 AM UTC
Terry, welcome aboard. Looks like you keep pretty busy. Post some pics when you get time.
 _GOTOTOP