_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Just my luck!!!!!!!!!
jerry009
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
entire network: 35 Posts
KitMaker Network: 10 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 08:23 AM UTC
had a little extra something in my paycheck....thought i would make a trip to my favorite local hobbystore (45min car ride) on saturday......forgot the closed early...arrrggg!!!! made the trip yet again today (sunday) browsed for quite a long time....got what i wanted and headed to the register....when i got there i relized that i forgot my wallet.....gggrrrrrrrr. guess i wasn't meant to be this weekend!
sorry about the ranting....just wanted to share #:-)

jerry
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,595 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,079 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 08:35 AM UTC
nothing worse my man why not ask them to put the kit behind the counter and come back when you got wallet
Tin_Can
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 1,560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 344 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 08:39 AM UTC
I find myself doing stuff like that more often as I get older. #:-)
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 11:05 AM UTC
Whats even worse, is going in, buying a lovely kit, heading home and forgetting it on the train. Hopefully somebody made a nice job of my Jagdtiger!! At least you´ve still got the money in your wallet!
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 11:55 AM UTC
I feel you pain, it's heck getting old. I REALLY hate it when I go out to the garage and when I get there I've forgotten what I went there for.

I guess you can console yourself that it just wasn't meant to be and maybe there will be something even better the next time you make that trek.

PS: We don't have the best hobby shops in the world here in the 'Springs, but at least they are close by. I can't imagine a 45 mile trip to the LHS.
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 01:32 PM UTC
At least you weren't buying gas at a self serve station or driving through Burger King. I have done both and it is way more embarassing. At least you got to go to the hobby shop.

Shaun
csch
Visit this Community
Buenos Aires, Argentina
entire network: 1,941 Posts
KitMaker Network: 307 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2003 - 01:21 AM UTC
As my mother used to say " If someone doesn´t have head, have to have good legs".
The same happens to me a lot of the time with many things. Personally I got a problem with the keys, they make me walk a lot...
BroAbrams
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 1,546 Posts
KitMaker Network: 494 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2003 - 02:33 AM UTC
Last thursday I went to pay for my classes in college, a half hour drive one way. I got there and realized I had forgotten my checkbook. So I drove back home and got it and drove back to school and pulled out my wallet and realized I had my check card, which the school would have accepted.

Rob
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,933 Posts
KitMaker Network: 814 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2003 - 06:11 AM UTC
On saturday I picked up the italieri demag with the 75mm, no put it back till you get paid so being a good boy i put it back and was willing to wait till next week.Saturday night I get a phone call from my son "dad Ive had my front door keys stolen" after spitting out the mouthful of door I had bitten off I asked If their was anyway the keys could be connected to our address "oh yes my student card was in there with my home address on it " total cost of emergency locksmith call out and parts £200.00 Kit cost £12.00
MadMax
Visit this Community
Germany
entire network: 248 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2003 - 07:02 AM UTC
luckily they never stolen something that belongs to me (i know my english is terrible )
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 03:41 PM UTC
I do that on a daily basis. Get on the computer to check on something, see something get distracted two hours later get off computer then realize I didn't accomplish what I had planned and got distracted again, luckily I remembered before I signed off the second time. I find myself doing that more and more latele. Curse E-bay!!!!!!!!!!
 _GOTOTOP