Hosted by Matt Leese
Paasche VL not working
zzez13
Visit this Community
Israel
entire network: 15 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 07, 2010 - 05:28 AM UTC
After pretty much everything going wrong I finally managed to get my compressor working[burnt transformer, running to the shop before it closes] and pumping out air, its a Iwata Jet.

Anyway taking apart the Paasche to study it - a strange little part came out and I have no idea where to put it, I looked at the diagrams and I can't identify it for the life of me.
Its a small bronze screw with the top half of it white plastic, I have no idea where its supposed to go - here are some pictures:
http://i.imgur.com/zeGnp.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/dD4Zc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/G6xr7.jpg
Right now I'm associating the lack of that part with the fact that I tried the 'water test' and nothing came out...so any ideas where its supposed to go?it came out when I removed the needle housing assembly
Heres the Paasche VL diagram in high resolution:
http://www.hobbytools.com.au/category37_1.htm
oldbean
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 769 Posts
KitMaker Network: 219 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 07, 2010 - 09:55 AM UTC
It looks like it might be part # 26. Looks like it goes up inside where the air line attaches to the air brush.

Jesse
zzez13
Visit this Community
Israel
Posted: Sunday, November 07, 2010 - 10:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

It looks like it might be part # 26. Looks like it goes up inside where the air line attaches to the air brush.

Jesse

Its not it, I looked at that part is safely seated inside the airbrush, also the mystery part is slightly larger then this one.
In another odd note - after tweaking this little compressor more now the airbrush is shooting water perfectly fine...it can't be that its a useless part can it?:|
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 07, 2010 - 11:28 PM UTC
19. MU-61 Packing Washer

zzez13
Visit this Community
Israel
Posted: Sunday, November 07, 2010 - 11:38 PM UTC
Cool, it actually fits in there with enough tossing just like a M16's firing-ping ..just one minor question - which side should be where?plastic side inside or metallic side inside?
majjanelson
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
entire network: 1,355 Posts
KitMaker Network: 336 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 08, 2010 - 05:49 AM UTC
The Paasche Part Diagram appears to show the packing washer has the nylon washer end facing towards the nozzle end (inserted nylon end first). The packing washer also looks like it should be screwed into the body (threads and a slot for a blade screwdriver), which should keep it in-place during normal disassembly and cleaning. Don't screw the packing washer down too tight or it will compress the nylon and bind the needle (fill the hole).

I can verify this once I get home this evening and I can look at my VL...
majjanelson
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
entire network: 1,355 Posts
KitMaker Network: 336 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 08, 2010 - 04:55 PM UTC
The 19. MU-61 Packing Washer is installed in my Paasche VL as I described.
zzez13
Visit this Community
Israel
Posted: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 - 11:01 PM UTC
Many thanks Jeff, before your post I did a little 'paint test' with the nylon washer unscrewed and after I took it out I saw the amount of paint residue it was almost disgusting, the gook was everywhere! I cleaned the part, tightened it appropriately and ran some paint thinner through the airbrush and it was all previous paint color coming out of it.

Again many thanks
 _GOTOTOP