_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Seaview Submarine
john111
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 39 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 04, 2010 - 02:29 PM UTC
Hello,
I just purchased the 1/128 Moebius Seaview submarine, I have never built a model of this size before and was wondering what is the best cement to use putting all this together is. And then also I have always used tamiya putty, is there a better putty to use given the size of this kit ??

Thanks
robtmelvin
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
entire network: 205 Posts
KitMaker Network: 23 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 09, 2010 - 04:32 AM UTC
For something of this size I would recommend a plastic weld product like Tenax7R. It actually melts the plastic together and forms a very strong bond. There is also a precision applicator for it called the Touch and Flow System. I would suggest you don't use the brush applicator, though it will work. The stuff works by capillary action and is drawn into the joint. The precision applicator puts it right where you want it and doesn't over apply. If you have a good relationship with your doctor and he will give you one you can also use a syringe. That is what I use. As far as putty, I never use the hobby putties. Too expensive for what you get. Try Bondo - not the two part stuff but the stuff that comes in a squeeze tube like toothpaste. Works great and sands easily.
Hope this helps.

Bob
 _GOTOTOP